Friday, March 02, 2007

I Feel Sorry For Ralph

No, not Klein, he's doing fine, I mean Goodale. I know I shouldn't feel sorry for him, but I do.

He's the only Liberal left with any hint of personal integrity, and he's fighting hard for his party. He has had to step in and defend Dion's positions, and the only way he can do it is by bluster. It's really shameful to see what Dion has reduced him to doing. He's probably the only Liberal who should get re-elected. Dion and Iggy are so weak, it's really been left to him to try and fight the whole Conservative party.

He's been reduced to an old wind bag, and I wouldn't be shocked if he doesn't run again, but his loyalty to his party might make him try, just one more time. It's like an old hockey player playing one season too many instead of going out on the top of the heap.

One man alone can not save the Liberal party, but Ralph is putting up a good fight. Too bad he's looking like a shrill housewife (fishperson, houseperson, dang not sure what the politically correct term is, but you get the idea, right?) and it makes me sad that his party has reduced him to this level.

No comments: