Monday, May 14, 2007

The Senator's, No Not The Hockey Team!

I'm as happy as every Canadian to cheer on the Senators Hockey team! GO SENS GO!!!

This got me thinking, how much do we really know about our actual Senators, you know the people appointed by Prime Minister's to provide a House of Sober Second Thought (HA). I am still ticked off that Martin appointed 3 Senators for Alberta, not one of them were on our elected list of Senators in Waiting. Kudos to PM Harper for finally appointing one elected Senator to that house. I hope more elected Senators will be appointed, in the meantime, I thought I would bore you all with some comments on those lofty Senators, and their backgrounds.

I will start in Alberta, the most Conservative province in Canada, that has 5 out of 6 sitting Senators who are Liberal. Now, how the heck did that happen? Yeah, right!

First up, Tommy Banks, wow, an entertainer, and a rude one at that, how do I know, you ask? Well it just so happened that years ago in my university days, I got assigned Tommy Banks OLD unlisted number, I kept getting calls for him and finally phoned the phone company and complained. They of course offered to charge me to get my number changed, not going to happen on a students budget. My enterprising roommate got his new number and we phoned to get help, thought Mr. Banks might offer to pay for us to get the number changed, nope, we were rudely told that it wasn't their problem. So, a rude entertainer.

Joyce, baby, update your picture, you were born in 1939, what is that picture, your high school grad, and wow, she's got a B of Arts, but really, read her bio, a journalist that gets appointed to the Senate, who would have guessed. A true light weight.

Hays, retiring, thank you for retiring early so we could get a truly elected Senator into the Senate!

McCoy, lawyer, well that's unexpected, a lawyer? Bantam class, only on one committee. Never heard of her here in Alberta, but they are representing my province, what a joke.

Mitchell, clear proof that Martin really hated Alberta, just as much as we disliked Mitchell, so what does Martin do, appoints this B of Arts grad to the Senate, Martin had to know that it would infuriate most Albertans. The guy is a super light weight who thinks he's a heavy weight. Everytime I happen to see him on a Senate committee, my blood boils, the guy is an arrogant idiot, who never has, and never will represent my province.

Tardif, great, here's Alberta's token French speaking Senator, a high school teacher/DR, who supports all things French. See, we are not all rednecks here in Alberta, and she is proof.

So, that's the Alberta lineup, what an impressive bunch. They sure are representative of true Albertans, or NOT!

No comments: