Monday, December 17, 2012

Our Hearts Hurt

Those poor babies. Such a senseless act of violence, by an obviously deranged individual. My prayers go out to all those who lost their loved ones. May God wrap his arms around those little ones and give the families some measure of peace. Let them feel his love and rest easy.

Maybe what we need to do is allow God back into our lives. It can be as simple as obeying the ten commandments. Even the atheists among us can agree with some of them, like... "Thou shalt not kill".

Of course the lefties are getting all wound up about "gun control" when they should be looking at the laws that let mentally disturbed individuals roam our streets. Most of those individuals could be functioning adults if they were given a home that monitored their medications, instead they are deposited on our streets, left to fend for themselves. The progressives think putting people in institutions for the mentally disabled takes away their freedom, (too be homeless I guess),  without admitting that the consequence of their inaction is what we saw on Friday, mass murder of the real innocents.

If one teacher had a gun, the massacre could have ended with fewer victims. Don't believe me? How about this article.

PORTLAND, Ore ... Nick Meli is emotionally drained.  The 22-year-old was at Clackamas Town Center with a friend and her baby when a masked man opened fire.
"I heard three shots and turned and looked at Casey and said, 'are you serious?'"
The friend and baby hit the floor.  Meli, who has a concealed carry permit, positioned himself behind a pillar.
"He was working on his rifle," said Meli.  "He kept pulling the charging handle and hitting the side."
The break in gunfire allowed Meli to pull out his own gun, but he never took his eyes off the shooter.
"As I was going down to pull I saw someone in the back of the charlotte move and I knew if I fired and missed I could hit them."
Meli took cover inside a nearby store.  He never pulled the trigger.  He stands by that decision.
"I'm not beating myself up cause I didn't shoot him," said Meli.  "I know after he saw me I think the last shot he fired was the one he used on himself."
The gunman was dead, but not before taking two innocent lives with him and taking the innocence of everyone else.
"I don't ever want to see anyone that way ever," said Meli.  "It just bothers me."
Of course no one can prove he stopped more killings, but if the gunman saw him pointing a gun at him, then it distracted him, and changed what he was going to do, and that is good enough for me.

Why do the criminals have all the advantages? As a female, I am told not to resist if I get attacked, I can't even carry "pepper spray" to help me fend off an attacker. Why do the progressives want females to be victims, unable to defend themselves? Why don't the feminists encourage concealed carry gun laws for women? Yet they loudly cry about "our bodies, our choice" when it comes to killing their own babies. SAD.

If you think that the Americans are "gun crazy" and they should have tougher gun control laws, why does Chicago, a "no gun zone", have the highest murder rate in the country? No gun law can prevent a homicidal manic from getting a gun and killing innocent victims. Maybe progressives should rethink their approach to mental health issues instead.

By the way, the school that my son attends has an armed (GASP) police officer on duty, maybe that should be what Americans do to prevent more mass murders of innocents. Well except that Obama cancelled school security funds so that he could fund failed green enterprises like Solyndra. And they thought Bush was bad?

The media/progressives have an agenda and it's all about gun control, not mental illness. They should be held responsible for all the misinformation they gave out in covering the Newtown massacre, it was disgusting and harmful.

May the people of Newtown heal, and may their hearts hurt less as time goes by.

No comments: