Thursday, October 25, 2007

Liberals New Mantra!

I've heard it a few times now, so I guess this is their new mantra:

Fairer, Greener, Richer.

That's it folks, that's their campaign slogan.

Now I know that the Conservatives have recently mentioned the North Star as a slogan, and you know what? Wonkie as it might be, I like it. If you are ever lost and night falls, you can find the North Star, leading you home hopefully. Sailors navigated the oceans by the North Star, and they found Canada.

What is more Canadian than the North Star, a beacon of hope. What star is always shining bright in the night sky? The North Star. Link that to the Conservatives, and you link them to a very Canadian, heart warming image. The more I think about it, the more I like it.

Now, let's look at the Liberal slogan;

Fairer, to who, fairer what?
Greener, than Kermit? Than Suzuki, or Gore, or Mo Strong?
Richer, than Martin, Powercorp, Strong? Than the guys who got the money in the brown paper bags? Not an image the Liberals want revived. Are they saying they want to be richer again, by stealing from the taxpayers, again?

Okay, not exactly inspiring is it? My 12 year old could come up with a better slogan for his "Fun Day".

Fairer, greener, richer! I'd like to be fairly rich with the green stuff too, but I hate stealing. Guess the Liberals just don't get it do they?

No comments: