Tuesday, May 30, 2006

CBC 100% Canadian Content! Why Not?

Okay, with the opposition parties worried that the Conservatives will not respect the CBC's right to exist, they ganged up and passed the "Protection and promotion of the diversity of cultural expression" bill in parliament today.

Well, okay then, I agree that our culture needs to be preserved, so as noone is watching CBC anyways, except for hockey, let's make the CBC, 100% Canadian content, so us taxpayers can protect and promote the diversity of cultural expression! That's cheap for a cool billion dollars, and it will satisfy all the parameters of the new bill. Canada can keep it's beloved CBC and it's cultural identity by making sure that the CBC only has Canadian content on it's radio and TV stations. It's a win, win solution! CBC wins because it gets to stay around, and we win, because we are preserving our Canadian identity.

When I want to know what the people in Quebec are doing, I can switch to CBC. Not sure what the city is doing about the potholes in my area? CBC. Want to know who is having a garage sale in my area, yup, you guessed it, CBC. Works for me!!!

It would preserve our cultural identity, we can call it the station of Much Culture, "All Culture, All the Time", kind of like, Much Music, "All Music, All the Time".

I tell you, I'm starting to get attached to this idea. I'm sure our Canadian artists will love this, they can all have their own show!

Paint by Numbers for Idiots!

Activists, great, give them their own show.

Why Stay at Home Parents are Raising Criminals!

The opportunity for Canadian only shows is endless.

Tamal Tigers in Canada, a Canadian fund raising telethon! Sure hit!

Okay, my brain is buzzing with so many ideas, I have to stop before it overloads.

No comments: