Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Bring This Government Down Over Childcare I Dare You

Had to love Harper today, see story here

He was pretty much daring the Liberals to bring him down on this issue. I wish they would, we could then enjoy a majority government that could get something done without having to listen to all the whining.

I loved his talk about money going directly to families NOT the government, academics and advocates. You must listen to the speech, it was right on target, he even joked that the kids yelling in the background were not even close to the noise of the press gallery in Ottawa. Nice dig Stephen!!

Another good dig was his comment to reporters who were trying to make it seem like Emerson was still an issue because of the protesters outside. PMSH said something like: Emerson is doing a great job and the same 10 protesters come out everytime, isn't that getting a little old! Sweet! Told the reporter in a very nice way to shut up and get over it. The audience applauded that one loudly.

I'm liking this guy alot!! He's got a vision for a Canada that I want my kids to live in, not the Liberal wasteland that we have had to endure.

No comments: