Saturday, April 01, 2006

King Klein and Who's Next in Line

I was upset about the results of the vote because most Albertans still Love/Hate Klein. I've always been able to relate to him as a "I am who I am kind of guy". With Klein, you got what you got. He is one of the first politicians I can remember who ran on an agenda of cutting jobs, downsizing government and getting rid of our debt and he did exactly as he promised.

That being said, I don't think it was a vote so much against Klein as it was against his long 2 year retirement.

Now, who can replace Klein when he does retire??

Alberta needs a dynamic new leader who can defend our rights against all comers. We are the new economic engine in Canada and we need someone tough enough to protect our interests while working with the federal government. The PC's in Alberta are in the same situation as the Liberals nationally. They need to rethink their policies, and they need to remember who votes for them and why. Going with the statis quo will mean votes lost to the Alliance.

So, who's in the running??
Dinning...nope too Liberal, he gets elected, my vote goes to the Alberta Alliance
Manning...nope I liked him and his ideas, but his time has come and gone
Oberg...nope only slightly less Liberal than Dinning
Morton...maybe, I'm hearing more about him all the time and he might just be the one

Understand that Albertans stay with one party for long periods of time, but they also switch parties on a dime... and it will not be the Liberals or NDP, count on that.

So, beware of who you elect, the PC's could become the next party sent to the penalty box for a long time!

No comments: