Friday, October 06, 2006

My Chat With Someone Just Back From Afghanistan

I wore red today, and met someone else wearing red, I heard her talking about Afghanistan, so I asked her if she was wearing red today because of "Red Friday". She said yes, she had just returned from there.

So, I talked to her for awhile about her experience.

She was there when PM Stephen Harper came to visit, she was impressed with his being there!

She was there when soldiers with her company died. You could see the sadness in her eyes.

She thought the message wasn't getting out enough about how the military are really helping Afghanistans. The MSM is totally biased and to presenting a true picture.

She thinks "Taliban" Jack is a total idiot. I have to agree!!!

It was a wonderful experience for me, because I could finally talk to someone who had been there. She gave an honest picture of what the troops were doing and how much they were helping all Afghanistans.

More of us should talk to the troops, especially our MP's! I think the NDP made a big mistake calling for the troops to be withdrawn. Think of all the military families that will never vote for them again, it's kind of like when the Liberals raped Alberta with the NEP, but this time it's nation wide!!

No comments: