Thursday, January 25, 2007

Media 1, Canadians 0

Okay, game on!!

So far I have the media at one for the all out war on the newest theme: THE ENVIRONMENT!!

Just over a year ago, on January 4 and 5, only 4 per cent of Canadians specified environment as the most important issue.
In contrast, 25 per cent put health care at the top of the list.
By last week, however, 26 per cent of survey respondents listed the environment as the top issue, dropping health care to second place with 18 per cent.


So, because of the media using "the sky is falling" type articles, daily, and also because the economy is doing so well (nothing to do with oil and gas, they tell us, but watch the markets, when oil is down, so is the TSX), people really are buying into the media's hysteria.

Okay, time for the other side, Canadians to get to work. Not the government, Canadians. We have decided that the environment is a major concern. So, what are you as a Canadian going to do about it? Take the bus? Turn down your heat in the middle of winter? Recycle? Compost? Reuse? What?

HA, I thought so. You are going to cry to the government about Kyoto, aren't you, yes you are, because the media has told you that Kyoto is THE solution!

Well, take a look at your kids, one of mine has asthma, so I watch him closely. How will buying carbon credits clean our air, water, and land? How will sending BILLIONS of dollars to Russia or China, make our environment cleaner?

Simple answer, it won't.

Let's keep our taxpayers money right here in Canada, let's create a better solution right here. Say yes to Clean Air, Say NO to Kyoto.

2 comments:

Sneeze said...

excellent, stupid Canadians. U might enjoy my blog. Caio

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with you! It is so frustrating to watch the media pump Kyoto and use hysteria tactics but not have any reasonable ideas about how the average person can help. I refuse to get excited about something that has no answers. I live in a rural area so I have to drive everywhere. I live in Canada so I have to heat my house. No amount of social engineering is going to change those things.