Wednesday, November 29, 2006

SOW's In Distress!

Oh those nasty, wrongheaded, Conservatives, closing down all the SOW's offices, except for four. Well, I am spitting mad at Bev Oda for daring to do this.

How, I ask you, could she have left four open? That is just totally upsetting!

Okay, I never knew the SOW's had an office here in Edmonton, how could this poor woman have missed them, in my time of need? I am paid the same wages as a male, for the same job, and that is just wrong! I am superior after all, and deserve to be paid more than that nasty male, because, I AM A WOMAN, therefore I deserve better treatment than only equal wages. I am going to march down to their office and demand they stand up for more wages for me for equal work, this is only what I, as a female, deserve.

This just will not do, saving money, well, well, that's just too Conservative, they are showing their true colours now, cutting funding for activists, what are those activists going to do? They might even have to fund raise, to survive, the horror of it all!


Oda insisted that women will be better served despite the budget cuts and the office closings.
"I'm very surprised that the opposition would say, "Put money back into inefficiencies," when you can find inefficiencies and streamline the operations.
"What these offices don't necessarily provide is the help directly to women. There was a lot of lobbying groups, there was a lot of advocacy.
"We don't need to separate the men from the women in this country. . . This government as a whole is responsible to develop policies and programs that address the needs of both men and women."
Oda said the closures will save on unnecessary rent and utility bills and she claimed that even with $5 million in cuts, there will be $700,000 more for women's programming.
She also said women in regions will be able to get service from office of the Canadian Heritage Department.


No more sucking up taxpayers money at the trough! Finally the money might actually make it into the hands of women who really need the help, instead of lefty advocates pulling in $80,000 a year, just to tell us that single Mom's need help. Well DUH, I'm not blonde like Belinda, oh dang, she just dyed her hair brown didn't she, did that make her smarter? If she likes her pink book soooo much, maybe she should dye her hair pink!

The opposition mentioned "equality" for women, not one of them talked about helping single Mom's. Hypocrites, they talk about job losses, would those jobs lost be the ones your lefty friends are holding right now with the SOW's? Is that what all the shrilling is really about?

1 comment:

Neo Conservative said...

"I know some people have had difficulty getting in touch with the Furious Femmes. I think we now have a solution."

"If you want to talk directly to an angry woman... and let's face it people, who doesn't... try clicking on their names above."