Sunday, April 01, 2007

Storks, Babies, Beer and Global Warming!

Okay, I am sick of the global warming alarmists. Here's my take on their supposed science, which by the way they never actually show, because, us dumb lay people would never understand it anyways.


First statistics course I took in University, talked about the correlation between storks nesting and human babies being born in the spring. It is a proven statistical relationship. That's how it came to be that storks deliver babies! Well the same kind of correlation between CO2 and global warming is being used by the alarmists. So, the average thinking person knows storks do not deliver babies, why then are we buying the alarmist's garbage?




I got busy today and did a multiple regression on temperatures, sunlight hours, and beer drinking. Imagine my surprise when I found out that there is a direct correlation between temperatures and beer drinking. I was dumbfounded to find out that beer drinking increases in the summer. I was disappointed that sunlight hours had to be tossed from my analysis, because it appears that the sun has no effect on the amount of beer drank. I do have a graph to show this startling relationship between temperature and beer drinking.




So, given my research into temperatures and beer, I am waiting for my research money. It is imperative that we solve this problem immediately, as summer is rapidly approaching, and a disaster is in the making, as you read this. We have a definite problem here, temperature is CAUSING an increase in beer drinking!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

brilliant basic research Hunter, but you may have misinterpreted the results;

Other brilliant minds like Al Gore and Mr.Motocycle would interpret your research as indicating that increased beer drinking causes global warming.

Fred

hunter said...

True, we don't want facts to get in the way of hypothesis. My next research project will see if having blue eyes means you are more likely to vote Liberal, this research could be world shattering.