Friday, January 04, 2008

Our Sick Society

Here's only a few examples of what is happening in our society, and it's not pretty.

A pregnant woman murdered in the North End early Tuesday was fatally shot after she refused entry to someone knocking at the door, her roommate said yesterday.

Hopefully the Conservative bill will pass, and babies will be considered victims too.

Home invasion suspect killed near Calgary
Updated Thu. Jan. 3 2008 10:02 PM ET

CTV.ca News

Police near Calgary spent much of Thursday at a farmhouse in Langdon that was the site of a deadly home invasion.

The incident may lead police to lay murder charges against one of the occupants.

Police say that one man died and another is in critical condition in hospital after the pair allegedly burst into a house at about 3 a.m. Thursday. Police say they attacked the home's occupants, a 35-year-old man and a 24-year-old woman.

The male occupant fought back and allegedly killed a 32-year-old suspect.


So, a guy is protecting himself and his girlfriend, from robbers, and he might be charged with murder? Thanks lefties, we can't even protect our families anymore.

Teens charged after allegedly microwaving cat
CanWest News Service
Published: Friday, January 04, 2008
EDMONTON -- A group of teenagers has been charged with animal cruelty and other offences after allegedly breaking into a Camrose home and using the microwave to kill the family's cat.

"I've been a police officer here for 25 years and I have never run across this kind of a situation," said Insp. Lee Foreman of the Camrose Police Service. "I'm sure you share the same disgust as I do."


Okay, that's just sick. But bet these future serial killers get off with a fine and house arrest to play Xbox 360.

I could go on, I haven't even linked to the murder in Toronto, but I think this displays why I do not believe any MP who gets up in the House and tries to tell me that crime is down. Down from where? What year? Garbage.

As a Mother, I am very concerned about our sick society, and the lack of justice victims get in our courts. Tough on crime works way better for me than hug-a-thug ever will.

My solution, build a prison on Hans Island,
and dump the real bad guys there, let them sort themselves out. No need for guards, just drop some food down there occasionally.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hans Island sounds good to me. I've often thought that the far north would be good also.
I hope that they get punished.

Anonymous said...

Regardless of what the pundits and polls say, I firmly believe that the next election will have crime and so-called punishment as the key issue. The examples in this post are just a small snapshot of what is going on and people are pissed.

Joanne (True Blue) said...

Tougher crime laws may not 'cure' criminal behaviour, but they will at least help keep the bad guys off the streets.

And it may just send a message.

Anonymous said...

It's like this Alberta, leftist scum is coming from the east. (real conservative)