Tuesday, February 23, 2010

For Her Mom!

I of course cried watching Joannie Rochette skate for her Mom. I don't know how she kept it together, but she did, and she deserves to be in third.

Watch her skate here.

A gutsy performance. I have no doubt her Mom is smiling down on her tonight. It kind of puts everything into prospective. When one of our athletes doesn't win, maybe we should think more about what they had to do to get to the Olympics in the first place.

So, let's cheer all athletes from our comfortable sofas, and have a little more respect for the effort they go through to compete for our country.

I hope that Joannie can feel the arms of all Canadians around her when she skates her long program.

3 comments:

Raphael Alexander said...

Have to say, I'm not a fan of the sport, but it's a touching story.

CanadianSense said...

Do you notice it is the same gang who love to wallow in the negative.

In politics, sports, current affairs they revel in the misfortune of others.

We should continue to call them out for gutter sniping when they recycle negative story lines 100x.

The Tiger Woods bandwagon of "extra marital activity" reminds me of how low our National media has sunk.

frmgrl said...

It was quite emotional wasn't it? It was an absolutely beautiful skate. She could have easily quit but she soldiered on. I know I couldn't have continued.
I lost my mother when I was around her age so I know what she's going through. Her mother was 55. Mine was 58.
I pray that God will sustain and comfort her. She needs to lean on others right now. She can lean on her fellow Canadians. We are all 100% behind her. I wish her all the best on Thursday in her long program and hope she wins a medal.