Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Lame Media Hides Ignatieff's Abortion Blunder!

All quiet on the abortion front. If you didn't read the blogs, you would never even know that Iggy had blundered badly by listening to his far left feminists. Those ladies of the "pink" book, which of course is sexist just by choosing "pink" as their colour, think helping women and children in the undeveloped countries means abortion.

The lame media were quick to realize that Iggy had blundered and disappeared his comments. I had to search their sites to actually find the articles.

Finance abortion, Ignatieff urges Harper

Late Tuesday, Liberal MP Paul Szabo said he was caught off guard by the announcement and claims Ignatieff doesn't have a consensus for the stand among Liberals.

"I am a pro-life MP and there are many of my colleagues in the Liberal caucus who will protect the unborn in their decisions as Parliamentarians, and should matters come before the House they will continue to act accordingly," Szabo told the anti-abortion website, LifeSiteNews.


I have had my disagreements with Paul Szabo, but he has earned my respect by being a staunch supporter of life. If I lived in his riding, I would vote for him. He is what the Liberals used to be, principled. Good for him!

Harper must make abortion part of health pledge, Ignatieff says

Liberal Leader questions whether Conservatives will shy award from funding family-planning agencies


Family planning agencies that support abortion, are not helping women to plan FAMILIES! Unicef and United Way are off of my list of charities because they support abortions, not families. How can you have a family if you abort the baby?

At least the National Post is not hiding Ignatieff's comments.

Kevin Libin: Ignatieff's audacious stance in favour of abortion

“This has nothing to do with abortion, or gay marriage or capital punishment, in case those are going to be [Mr. Ignatieff’s] next arguments on this issue,” said Dimitri Soudas, the Prime Minister’s spokesman. “At the end of the day, maternal and child health is about saving lives of vulnerable children and mothers in the developing world.”

By bringing abortion into a discussion where it had not previously been, and then making it a key element, Mr. Ignatieff seemed to go much further, says Tom Flanagan, a University of Calgary political scientist and former campaign manager for the Conservative party.

“Of all the issues that you could possibly raise about women’s health, why would you start with abortion?” Mr. Flanagan says. “What kind of mindset is that that you have to start killing unborn babies in order to help people? It seems to be based on the now discredited theory that poverty in the Third World is based on overpopulation. I don’t think any serious scholar believes that anymore.”

Mr. Ignatieff was unavailable for comment


Every fiber in my body screams out at the horror of abortion. You can not candy coat it as only "cells", not if you have had those "cells" kicking you in the middle of the night. What is the most disturbing factor in the abortion issue is that it is women encouraging other women to kill their babies. How sad.

Feminists want to have balls and a penis, not equality. They hate having a womb and they want other women to hate their womb's as well. To bad they do not understand that a woman's power is the very fact that they can give life. Bringing a life into this world is awe inspiring, it is a sacred trust between the mother and child. For these feminists to think that women in third world countries do not want their babies is disgusting. They should be standing beside their sisters, not trying to impose their lack of morals on other women. Many of these women are Muslims or Christians who would be going against their faith by having an abortion, but immoral people need to bring moral people down to their level, so they can have company in their misery. Now you know why feminists are not fighting harder to protect women in Afghanistan.

Ignatieff stepped in it big time by trying to painting himself and his party as the party in favour of abortions. Go ahead, cater to the far left wing feminists in your party, it will not serve you well.

11 comments:

The_Iceman said...

What you just wrote is exactly what Ignatieff wanted. You took the bait. That's all I'm going to say on the matter.

Unknown said...

Well, good old Ignatieff. First of all, abortions are not necessarily good for a woman's health - the side which does not get a lot of press are the women who have suffered physically, emotionally, and mentally post-abortion. Second of all - terminating a pregnancy is only good for a woman's health if it is a life-threatening pregnancy, in which case, I do actually support termination. I am a staunch pro-lifer but I also am a supporter of the mother's life, as well. Third of all, in Canada, there are myriad methods of birth control so unwanted pregnancies should be rare and even then, they should, under normal circumstances, be welcome.

Personally, I think that a couple are quite capable of family planning without the need for an outside party to 'help' them with family planning. For thousands of years, couples worked it out between them. And, Hunter is right - a woman's power comes from the ability to create life - a woman has other sources of power but this is one thing which is exclusively female.

I have to wonder how Ignatieff's mind works, some times. He comes out with the most ridiculous statements.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but are abortions not covered by our health system? To the best of my knowledge, there is no patient payment for an abortion. I could be wrong, however, since the people in my circle of friends and family are not murderers of innocent babies.

Bec said...

Great post, Hunter. As I wandered through the various sites on this topic over the past day or so, I couldn't help but notice that most of the trolling types were male (or use male names). Hmm experts?

I think much of the mindset that supports abortion as birth control are those that have little or no understanding of the female body and family connection.

Is it finances?
I can give examples where that wasn't the end result.
Is it shame?
I can give examples that when the baby arrived the family was more enhanced.
Is it inconvenience?
I have no examples of that but there lies my theory, the prospect of an unwanted pregnancy is inconvenient.Also there lies the reason it is funded by you and me, despite our disagreement with paying for someone's bad judgement and subsequent decision.

But I digress, it is legal, funded and supported by provincial health care so we do live within the pro choice environment and are therefore permitted to engage in these conversations, yes? Apparently not.
From the judgemental, critical feminists, you either agree with them or you are considered vermon.

I wonder btw, if they can explain why we now have to give our young girls vaccines to save their wombs and lives?
Ya, these guys really had all of the answers, didn't they?

Patsplace said...

Well said. Very well said!!!

Mississauga Tom said...

I live in Szabo's riding. We both vote at the same polling station. I would really like to vote for him. But I can't. For most of my voting life I voted Liberal in federal elections. But about ten years ago I switched to the Conservatives.

The simple and sad fact is that today's Liberals aren't your father's Liberals. Szabo is in the wrong party. He hasn't changed but his party has.

His victory over opponents in Mississauga South has been slowly eroding and was just 2000 votes in the last election. Last week an energetic person appeared at my door to seek my support in the upcoming Conservative candidate selection process. I hope she wins because I think she is the person who can squeak past him in the next election.

gimbol said...

I'm beginning to have a picture in my mind of what kind of discussions occur behind the closed doors of a liberal caucus meeting, and it looks like an episode of Calvin and Hobb.

CanadianSense said...

Are you really expecting the media to report the facts without their bias?

What did you drink?

The MSM cheerleaders have their narrative already, the Liberals are busy on the "hard at work" opposition MP's and the other team are undemocratic despots.

Did you not get the memo?

I just watched a clip from PP with tomb clark on noseetv, interrupting and scolding the CPC guest for using talking points while giving the other guests a free ride. Shocking!

fernstalbert said...

I suppose this is a twisted logical move - re immigration.

NeilD said...

This is the same guy who said he felt shame as his mother lay dying of Alzheimer Disease.
The media gave him a free pass on that one too.

wilson said...

Take the emotions ouy of this debate,
and refocus on what Iffy said:

Abortion = contraception

that is a perception the pro-choice activists have been fighting against.
Iffy just hurt their cause big time.
Iffy will now have to battle it out with the activists AND his own party.
We can stand back and watch.

Perhaps Iffy thinks that for every Szabo he loses,
he gains 2 Dippers.
Or perhaps Iffy is just as unqualified to lead a party as well have all said since his bloodless coup.
Or both.

Anonymous said...

Well, that is very strange - my post came up as Christian. I was posting as East of Eden. I think Google took my description and used that. It's me, East of Eden but for some reason my ID came up as Christian.