Saturday, September 30, 2006

A Beautiful Autumn Day

I love autumn, the crisp morning air, leaves falling, birds grabbing the berries off the trees, and flower seeds to be collected!

I pickled some beets today, made some banana bread, and thought about how glad I am that my kids can grow up in a country like Canada. They have never heard a gun shot, never seen anyone killed, and have never even been picked on by a bully. How lucky we are, here in Canada.

So, I thank our Prime Minister for leading the way in making other countries see that fairness is a good thing, and showing us, and the world, that politicians can be principled. That statesmen can be more than a bunch of political monkeys only interested in their own agendas. That countries can band together, not just for their own interests, but for the interests of all people who must live in this world together. Yes, the delegates had to "save face" because Prime Minister Stephen Harper pointed out to them, very calmly, that balanced and fair, was better than prejudiced and biased.

You made me very proud to be a Canadian, thank you, Mr. Prime Minister!

No comments: