Monday, July 31, 2006

We Need To Know Where The Monsters Are Living!

I only heard about the Amber Alert today at around 11, you can bet the minute I heard about it, I drove to the playground I had let my 10 year old go to earlier in the morning, and made him come home. This is a playground that has a supervised playground attendant and is only a block and a half from home, in a great area of Edmonton. It didn't matter, as a Mom, I admit, I panicked! All of my prayers are going out tonight to the two young boys that are in the hands of a sexual predator.

I do wonder why no Amber Alert was issued earlier, even news reports are only reporting the abduction of Zachary Miller and seem to be ignoring that Jordan Bruyere was listed as missing earlier, is this because Jordan is Aboriginal? I sincerely hope that is not the case.

Sexual predators are despicable monsters, but we do not monitor them, we do not know if they are living next door to us, we, as parents have no way to protect our children.

Liberal judges have let this monster live among us, protecting him, not our children. It is time for all of us parents to send a message to these Liberal judges that we are fed up with their bleeding heart mentalities. If they want to release these monsters into society, I suggest that they invite them to live with their children or grandchildren, because that is what they are making us do! They are making us live with monsters, without our knowing they are even there! I bet all judges know where the sexual predators are living, why can't we??

So, today, I kept my 10 year old inside, I can't do that for the rest of the summer. I can't be with him all the time, he would hate Mommy hanging around the playground all day. I have explained to him what has happened, we have a password he will remember, but I fear it is not enough!!

And why was no Amber Alert issued for Jordon?? If it had been, maybe Zachary would still be at home safe. Maybe Zachary's parents would have reacted like I did, and kept him home!

We need a national sexual predator registry, that ANYONE can access. We need to know where the monsters are living.

No comments: