Sunday, May 27, 2007

Age Of Protection- Who Are The Predators?

As far as I'm concerned anyone voting against this bill is sick. As it stands now, a 14 year old can legally go to a swingers club. Now, swinging is abnormal, but a 14 year old at a swingers club, is beyond my comprehension as a parent of a 14 year old.

Hear's a glimpse into who doesn't support the bill, I'm shocked that Egale wants to use the bill to LOWER the age of anal sex from 18 to 16, I would have never guessed that they want to corrupt our children at an earlier age.

Egale sees Bill C-22 as an unnecessary invasion into the sex lives of young Canadians. There are already sturdy laws that protect teenagers from sexual exploitation and assault. Instead of further criminalizing sexual behaviour, Canadian governments at all levels should instead focus on sex education. We should help young people by helping them make their own choices about what is comfortable for them. ...... Finally, I would like talk, as Andrea Cohen did, about anal sex. I mentioned earlier that homosexuality was illegal until the late 1960s. That's when section 159 of the Criminal Code was changed to allow consenting adults to engage in anal sex. Section 159 was not eliminated then, as it should have been. If you take a look at the Criminal Code, you'll see that it exists between the sections on bestiality and incest.

So, homosexuality was illegal until the late 1960's, now it is legal, so, okay what agrument do they use for not supporting bill C-22?

I think it's generally more about the difference between keeping the status quo and making a change. The age of consent has been 14 since 1890, I believe, so it's not a matter of reducing the age; it's a matter of keeping the age as it is, and a matter of the impression that youth are being given by the change in age. Changing it to 12 sends a message in itself, but what's being signalled today by this bill does something equally harmful, I think.

By his logic, then homosexuality should still be illegal.

Thankfully a Conservative MP highlighted a very important point, that none of the groups being interviewed even once mentioned PARENTS!

I too am like my colleague here. I've been in the education business for 30 years, most of the time as the principal of a junior-senior high. I've seen examples of these types of situations. The best results we had were when we involved other aspects of the situation, and I haven't heard too much about that today. I've heard about education, going to the schools, getting guidance counsellors, getting the support groups and peer groups, and all kinds of things. But I didn't hear the parents mentioned very much. I didn't hear them mentioned at all, as a matter of fact, as a support group. And I didn't hear the church being mentioned very much, which is another organization that is in most communities and likes to help when it can with certain problems.

So, all the special interest groups forgot to mention parents, why would that be, what does Egale have against parents protecting their children. Who are the real predators here? Who wants anal sex legal at a younger age?

No mention of parents or Church groups...hummm...wonder what groups want our children to be unprotected legally by their own parents, but anal sex made okay?

No comments: