Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Pop Goes The Weasel!

Carbon trading markets, are failing because the US has not bought into the hot air market. Thankfully the Conservatives have not either. So, if the biggest stock market traders don't buy your product, or lack of product, what happens? Pop goes the weasel.

I understand the commodities market, I can buy gold or wheat, and then resell it if I want to, most often people trading in the market don't actually get the product delivered to their door. If I want that gold, I can get it delivered. What if I buy carbon credits? Can I get the carbon delivered to my door? HA, not likely, as a matter of fact, impossible.

Easy to see why the carbon trading markets are failing.

Baird also said the UN process is not the only one Canada supports.

"The object and the focus of the efforts has got to be reducing greenhouse gas emissions absolutely, and whatever process gets us there, Canada will support. We'll meet any time, any place, and an effective system has got to get the United States on board."

The current phase of Kyoto is set to expire in 2012, but observers have said that the next phase must be concluded quickly in order for international carbon trading markets to survive. Companies there that cannot meet domestic greenhouse-gas reductions trade credits with cleaner companies on the market.


Read that last sentence, does it make sense to you? If it does please enlighten me.

No comments: