Monday, May 28, 2007

More Plants And Easy To Make Fountains!


Anything goes as far as containers for your plants.An old broken wagon, with some old pots, the newest looking one was added because, I burnt some potatoes in it and could not scrub the black out. (I'm an excellent cook, except for that one time in 22 years of marriage, and I have not heard the end of it yet!) This picture was taken today, so give those pots a chance, right now they are still in planting shock.

Make little points of interest in your yard. Here I built an Inukshuk, from rocks found in streams and farmers fields.

Next, I got interested in fountains, here's two homemade versions, and one (yes, I sold out, bought version, my hubby liked it so I agreed, notice that I have made it my own by adding rocks and animals, I expecially like the fishing frog).

A fountain doesn't have to take up a lot of room, like this first version of mine, I bought a pump, a planter, some bamboo sticks and river rocks.







Next, I found a big old steel bucket and turned that into a fountain.









Bought this fountain at Save On Foods, it will look better when the flowers grow up, remember, it's only May, just got my flowers planted.


The point is, even if you only have a balcony to work with, between hanging baskets, and containers, you can even add a small fountain, and still have room for your chairs.

2 comments:

Joanne (True Blue) said...

Great ideas here, Hunter. Does the fountain require electricity? Or do you just connect a hose?

I never had one, so I have no idea how they work. Thanks.

hunter said...

The pump needs electricity, so your fountain needs to be near a plugin, I have mine on a timer so I don't have to constantly remember to turn in on and off.