Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Comments Are Like Manna!

I try to blog everyday, hoping for someone to comment, give some feedback, let me know that I am reaching someone, on some level. Comments are like manna, it's why people blog.

I will often read a blog, agree or disagree totally, but don't comment. Why not? I'm just not that interested in the subject matter, or I agree, nod my head, and move on. So, in order for someone to comment on a blog, you have to have hit a nerve, made someone think about an issue, and get them to respond. Whether they agree or not, your thoughts have provoked a response, every comment is like a jewel, to be read, and taken into consideration, to be mauled over.

If you only have 30 readers a day, tops, why continue to blog? I ask myself that all the time, but then you get that one comment that makes you think about your position on an issue, or verifies your position, and that's all it takes to continue blogging. It's like golf, you get that one absolutely beautiful drive, and you come back for more, because you know next game, you will get better. (I'm hoping to break 120 this year.) It's kind of like when you send your resume out to 50 companies, and get 4 responses, those 4 are gold!

So, thanks to all those people reading blogs, for actually taking the time to comment on issues you care about, it matters.

To a blogger, comments are like manna!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting...I really appreciate your blog and have often left comments that didn't get posted.Technical problems?I was thinking you were overly selective about comments.
Vicki

hunter said...

No, I never block any comments, and I appreciate all those you have left me, thank you!

Anonymous said...

Hunter - I read your blog every day and enjoy it - and I live in Washington, D.C., the political epicenter. You are a excellent, insightful commentator.

An American

hunter said...

Thank you so much, I was in Washington D.C. a few years back, it's a great place. I remember something that happened very clearly, we were waiting for the train to take us back to Fredricksburg, and we crossed over the train line, a guy coming towards us, stopped us and told us not to go any further, as it was dangerous, much appreciated I must say!