Friday, July 13, 2007

Thank Goodness For Basements!

Okay, I'm hiding in my basement because here in Alberta very few people actually have air conditioned homes, so quit slagging us, as being big energy pigs. Hello Toronto, how many of you are sitting in your air conditioned apartments/homes blogging about how bad the oil sands are! Nice thing is that even at 32C today, it was a dry heat. In other words, we actually weren't sweating like pigs, and you can shower here, and actually feel refreshed! Oh, and the skies were blue, and clear, no smog here.

I was talking to my neighbour today as she was frantically trying to water all her plants, we are both hoping to place/win in the "Front Yards In Bloom" contest in Edmonton, she was heading for her basement. I actually hope she wins, her yard is outstanding! Okay, secretly, I hope I win something too!



Back to heat and energy...

My last car actually had air conditioning, I used it once or twice. My new car has air conditioning and we preferred to just roll the windows down today and enjoy the breeze, and the heat.

All winter we stay in the basement, and fire up the gas fireplace, waiting for the summer to come, now in the summer we stay in the basement, and try to keep cool.

Thank goodness for basements!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful yard! Let us know how the contest comes out.

An American