Saturday, July 07, 2007

Garage Sales, Got To Love Them!


Okay while hubby and bro were taking out the old furnace and putting in the new one, us girls went garage sailing. We sailed from 10 to 4, I got lots of baskets for next years flowers, it's funny how every garage sale has at least one basket I can buy for 50 cents. Like the one above, get a basket, fill it with soil, plant some plants, and you get a beautiful outdoor vase!

The best buy of the day was my neighbours, who came with us, she got a $400 jogging baby stroller, for $35!!! (No the baby doesn't jog, but how else do you describe it?)

So, I'm down $30, but I'm up 15 baskets, one antique lamp, a pre-50's camera, one elephant, and best of all a never used pasta maker! Lot's of loot for $30.

I also got a 1940 Singer sewing machine for $75, my hubby wasn't sure it was a good buy, until he saw it, it works and even has the operating manual.

I few weeks ago I got an old LP/radio for $2, it's worth way more than that because it still works, but that's not the reason I bought it, I bought it because I liked it, that's what's most important.

So, all you garage sale junkies already know what I'm talking about, the rest, well, your missing out on really good junk! Garage sales, you got to love them!!

No comments: