Saturday, July 07, 2007

Okay, I Bought Into The Global Warming Thing!

Yup, I got myself a new 92% energy efficient furnace, and thanks to my brother, it's only going to cost me $800, and all the beer he can drink.

Conservatives are NOT supposed to want to save our environment, that's supposedly the Dion thingy, but contrary to media opinion, and, should the media have an opinion, or just report the news, conservatives, have the word conserve in their name, should tell you something.

Us big bad polluting Albertans, are more interested in gopher shooting with our high powered rifles than saving the planet, but wait, it's Edmonton's recycling plant one of the best in the country?

The centre is especially famous for the Edmonton Composting Facility, the destination of Edmonton's residential waste and one of the largest composting facilities in the world.

Is this a Liberal? I know it's dated, but interesting.

"TransAlta's Vision Quest is to be congratulated for having the foresight and leadership to enter the new energy era," said the Honourable Anne McLellan, Deputy Prime Minister and Member of Parliament for Edmonton Centre. "This facility reflects the desire of Albertans and all Canadians to protect our environment, address climate change and lead the world in the development and use of renewable energy technologies."

I protect my environment by recycling, composting, and using no chemicals. So, when my kids want a carrot, they just go into the garden, pick one, and wash it in the rain barrel. How sweet is that!

I must have bought into the global warming thing because I bought a more efficient furnace, sorry but it doesn't mean I believe in global warming, just that I believe in lower gas bills.

If I could have a little windmill powering all the gadgets I need, great, problem is, have you seen the size of those wind turbines? They are huge!!!!

So, a newer furnace, does not make me a global warming cheerleader, just a smart homeowner. Got to run, wonderful thunderstorm I need to watch!

1 comment:

Raphael Alexander said...

You don't need to justify anything. Anyone who can reasonably to afford to do what you did and doesn't is simply cheating themselves. Responsible sustainability should be a goal for everyone, a multipartisan goal.