Friday, March 09, 2007

Conservative Women, Tough Minded!

I was at the Conservative rally in Edmonton on Thursday, and I really enjoyed the experience. I had never been to a political rally, I only became politically active last election, because I was so sick of the Liberals lack of values and morals.

So, some of us were asked to stand in a line so we might be able to shake PM Harper's hand. I wanted my 13 year old to get that chance, so we went up into the line, where I met a true Conservative woman. She came up with her stroller and stood beside us, as the PM was late, we naturally started talking to pass the time.

Don't know how old she was, but she told me that they came to Edmonton in 1950, before I was born! She is what built Alberta into the province it is today. Some of the things we talked about really got me thinking.

1. A true woman of action!
She was tired of renting a place, so, during the day she went out and bought a house, then showed it to her husband. He asked, are we going to buy it, she told him she already had!

2. Calls a spade a spade!
She thinks PM Harper needs to lose weight! She feels it's not healthy for him to weigh so much.

3. Knows her kids aren't perfect.
No wilting violet, she told me one of her sons was useless! She wasn't whining, she was just being realistic, bet she whips him into shape.

She is a true gem, a real Conservative woman!

Straight talking, common sense, and most importantly tough minded! I don't care how old she gets, you can't pull the wool over her eyes, she sees just as clearly today as she did when she was first married.

So, I totally enjoyed my conversation with her, but it got me thinking, what is a Conservative woman?

It's her! A pioneer at heart, out lived her husband probably by shear will power, rules her family with an iron hand, and has no time for fools (Liberals).

I started thinking about all the Conservative women I know, and came to the conclusion that all of them are tough minded.

They all know where they are going, and how to get there.
They don't complain, they act.
They don't demand equality, they make people understand that they are more than equal.
They don't want handouts, they want to help people who truly need help.
They take no guff from anyone, male or female.

Conservative women, tough minded, ready to change our country, for the betterment of their children, and most importantly, they drag their husbands into the fight and make them excel.

Conservative women, tough minded!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't know about the drag your husband part, but I agree with all the rest. The problem is that 60 years ago your ideals were all second nature. Kinda sad that we as a society have to relearn all those values.

A senior woman I knew once said "women lost all their strength with womens lib"