Thursday, March 15, 2007

For The Kids Sake, Well Done Canada!

I feel for the two kids stuck living in an airport for 9 months, no wonder the Mom fainted, what a relief it must be for her to know that finally their ordeal is over. As a Mom, I can't imagine having to go through what she did. It might have been funny when Tom Hanks was portraying it in a movie, but I'm sure she was at her wits end. I would have been.

"Now I see freedom," a visibly shaken Zahra Kamalfar told reporters. "I can see again the sky, the moon, the sun."
Overcome by emotion, she collapsed on her way out of the Vancouver airport.


If any family deserved our help it was this family. So, thank you Canada, for showing compassion and caring enough to help out some fellow human beings, who were truly in need of our help. This is a big country, with a big heart, and we just showed we do care about more than just ourselves.

Zahra Kamalfar, is one brave woman, who did everything a Mom could do to get her kids to a save place.

For the kids sake, well done Canada. Welcome to our country Kamalfar family, may your life be brighter, safer, and more secure. Don't look back, look forward.

No comments: