Sunday, March 25, 2007

I Am Honoured!

I am honoured to have been named the Blogging Tory Site of the week.

Sometimes I wonder if anyone out there is reading my thoughts, now I know that a few actually are, and that makes a big difference. So, thank you, Brian, I am thrilled to be this weeks winner. (Is there any money involved here? Just kidding. )

On to something I've been thinking about all day, the pet food scare.

I love animals, my greyhound is 14 years old, and she gets special meals, made by Mom, we had a rodent, okay, a hamster for 3 years, that I actually got attached to, even though I told my boys, I wouldn't allow one in the house, but what I find disturbing about the pet food scare, is that it's making more news than the spinach scare.

Humans are dying because of bacteria, the bird flu is killing humans, people are dying for the lack of clean water, and we are more concerned about pets dying?

An ad on the radio talks about how you can clean your CAR with fresh water. Does no-one think about what some people would do to get fresh water to drink? Now, I know us Conservatives are not supposed to be interested in helping the poor and starving in this world, but that's not true. We keep our promises, and care deeply for people. The Liberals/NDP talk a good game, but they are premature ejaculators, they never get the job done because they are so busy, talking about doing something.

So, yes something needs to be done to protect our pets, but, can we protect people too?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you that humans are much more important than pets, but we all love our pets. I am appalled that one company supplies so many pet food companies and therefore so many brands were affected by this recall. I am even more appalled about the crap that they put in dog food! And I am absolutely horrified that this company was importing wheat products from China to put in the dog food. Haven't they noticed the extreme abundance of wheat we have in north america. Do you have to put the cheapest rat poisen laden crap in your products!! It really makes me wish someone would start manufacturing dog food locally!

hunter said...

I totally agree, guess they were saving a few bucks by buying China's wheat, looks like it will cost them millions now, idiots!

Anonymous said...

I have a greyhound, as well. She is 7 years old. Congratulations on having one that is 14. Happiness, I feel, is the key to a dog's long life, don't you?

Thank God that the food I feed my dogs weren't on the list. My German Shepherd eats one kind, and the Greyhound has to have a sensitive formula for her stomach.....neither of which, were on the list.

So, what color is your "grey"?

hunter said...

She's a brindle and everyone who sees her loves her colouring. It was her colouring that made me pick her from all the other dogs in the dog pound, she was one day away from death when I saved her, have never regretted it.