Sunday, March 11, 2007

You Could Smell Spring Today!

Okay, I've been itching to start my seeds, but I have held off, until today, I just couldn't wait anymore. So, my tomato seeds and various flowers are now started. I am fortunate enough to have a south facing big picture window, and Alberta gets so much sun that I don't need special lighting, just a $50 Canadian Tire four tier mobile greenhouse.

Lefties yell about CO2, and greenhouse gases, while their God Suzuki spews from his diesel bus, guess I'm not helping there, but my plants sure love CO2!

Here is the mistake lefties make, they think that anyone not on board with them about global warming, must not be concerned about the environment, this is a huge mistake. Most people truly concerned about the environment tend to be conservatives. Most farmers are conservatives, why would they destroy their livelihoods by not conserving their lands?

We recycle most garbage here in Edmonton, we actually have one of the most advanced recycling plants in all of North America. Wind power, we have more turbines than all of Canada combined, yup, those Conservatives, really like to conserve, fancy that.

I recycle, I compost (even in winter), I have 4 rain barrels to use on my garden and flowers, I grow veggies without chemicals, I pickle and preserve, I start my flowers from seeds I collect in the fall, I keep my heat at 16, I do everything I can to help preserve this earth.

I talked to a lefty in Toronto, they out and out stated that they would never recycle, it would be too much of a time waster to rinse a can and put it in a recycle bin. Toronto sends their unsorted garbage to the US for disposal. Victoria (Suzuki country) dumps raw sewage into the ocean, that's right, raw sewage, but lefties are the saviours of the environment? Not so much!

The lefties yap about the environment and GHG's, Conservatives actually do something about it.

No comments: