Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Majority In Sight, Poll!

Interesting that this poll has been ignored, or maybe I'm asleep at the wheel, but being a statistics junky, I doubt I've missed this one being discussed in the media. So, why aren't we hearing about this poll?

Majority in sight, so the media does a shhhhh, don't tell the voters.

Okay, I hear you all yelling that it was an online poll, but, this is not a click and vote poll like most online polls, go to page 6 of the report, this is a carefully conducted poll.

So, what are the highlights?

-PM Harper is at 35% for preferred PM, Dion is at 19%. Ouch!
-29% say their opinion of Dion is worse, only 9% say it's better. Ouch, ouch.
- In Ontario 41% would vote Conservative, 36% Liberal, triple ouch!
-38% would vote Conservative, 28% Liberal. Too may ouchs to count!

Oh dear, I think the Liberals are in serious trouble.

Just today, PM Harper smacked down Dion and all whimpy "make peace" opposition parties!

"I can understand the passion that the leader of the Opposition and members of his party feel for Taliban prisoners," Harper said Wednesday during Parliament's question period.
"I just wish occasionally they would show the same passion for Canadian soldiers."
As his MPs jeered the prime minister's remarks, Liberal Leader Stephane Dion called the statement shocking and asked for an apology.
He didn't get one.
"I would like to see more support in the House of Commons from all sides for Canadian men and women in uniform," Harper said.
"I think Canadians expect that from parliamentarians in every party. They have not been getting it, and they deserve it."


Outstanding! Truly outstanding.

I hope the media runs with this story for days, people need to know how "soft on terrorism" the Liberals and other opposition parties really are. A few more zingers like this from PM Harper, the Liberals are going to force an election to get rid of Dion!

No comments: