Friday, August 29, 2008

Friday Funnies: Gymnastics?

They Walk Among Us and Many Work Retail

I was at the checkout of a K-Mart. The clerk rang up $46.64 charge. I Gave

her a fifty dollar bill. She gave me back $46.64. I gave the money back to her

and told her that she had made a mistake in MY favor.
She became indignant and informed me she was Educated and knew what

she was doing, and returned the money again. I gave her the Money back

...same scenario! I departed the store with the $46.64.

They Walk Among Us and Many Work Retail

I walked into a Starbucks with a buy-one-get-one-free coupon for a Grande

Latte. I handed it to the girl and she looked over at a little chalkboard that

said 'buy one-get one free.' 'They're already buy-one-get-one-free,' she said,

'so I guess they're both free'. She handed me my free Lattes and I walked out the door.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Refugee Fairy ..............

A beautiful fairy appeared one day to a destitute refugee claimant outside
the Toronto immigration offices.

'My good man,' the fairy said, 'I've been told to grant you three wishes,
since you just arrived in Canada with your wife and
three children.'

The man told the fairy. 'Well, where I come from we don't have good teeth,
so I want new teeth, maybe a lot of gold in
them.'

The fairy looked at the man's almost toothless grin and

PING!

he had a brand new shining set of gold teeth in his mouth!

'What else?' asked the fairy, 'two more to go.'

The refugee claimant now got bolder. 'I need a big house with a three car
garage in Oakville with eight bedrooms for my family
and the rest of my refugee relatives who still live in my country. I want
to bring them all over here.'

PING

In the distance there could be seen a beautiful mansion with a three car
garage, a long driveway, a walkout patio with a BBQ in
an upscale neighbourhood.

'One more wish', said the fairy, waving her wand. 'Yes, one more wish. I
want to be like a Canadian. With Canadian
clothes instead of manjams, and a baseball cap instead of this turban. I
want to have white skin like Canadians.'

PING!

The man was transformed, wearing worn out jeans, a Blue Jays T-shirt and a
Maple Leaf baseball cap. He had his bad teeth
back and the mansion had disappeared from the horizon.

'What happened to my new teeth?' he wailed. 'Where is my new house?' The
fairy said 'Tough luck, Jack. Now that
you are a Canadian, you have to fend for yourself.' And she disappeared!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Flooding in Ireland!

If this doesn't tug at
your heart strings nothing will.

We've all seen the
faces of those ravaged by the floods of Sri Lanka , New
Orleans and now in Ireland.

This 'award-winning'
photograph of the recent flood waters rising in Ireland
captures the horror and suffering there.

The heart and
resiliency of the Irish people really shows
through.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Olympic non-medalist. I wonder why?


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Finally, I can't forget the cute animal pictures!





That is a dog, not a panda!



The fawn followed the dog home through the doggie door, right into the house and up onto the bed!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have a great long weekend everyone!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was in a local Wal-Mart prior to them having cash registers that showed the amount of change to be tendered to a customer. It was a simple transaction. Less than ten bucks. She struggled for a time trying to calculate the amount of change due. I told her the correct amount, but she ignored me and started to try to figure it out with a pen and paper. I told her the amount due. She ignored me again and called a supervisor. The supervisor struggled with this hugely complex problem for a minute or so. I told them both the correct amount. They both ignored me and called oer a clerk (associate) with a calculator. He ran the numbers and they gave me the exact amount of change I had told them.
Message to Wal-Mart: you get the employee that you pay for.

maryT said...

Try getting a clerk to count from the price of the item to the bill tendered, like in the old days. They can't do it, and even have trouble counting the change shown on the till. I also walked out of a store with my purchase and original bill, after being told numberous times I was wrong.
I had an emergency call from a cashier at about 11.00p.m., she had a customer who had 98.00 change coming and didn't have enough in the till to make it. I was supposed to drive 20 miles to open the safe to get it. Problem was simple, she had entered 100.00 instead of 10.00, in amt tendered. I asked, do you have a 100. bill, no. Then how could he have given you one. Where is it. Total purchase, 2.00, change 8.00. She was sure I would be out 98.00, and of course the customer tried to get the amt shown on the screen.
I just told her, give him 8.00, the tape will show 100.00 in and 98.00 out and we balance. Or void the whole thing and start over.
I told her that is why I insist you do not put money in the till till change is given. Many a cashier has been ripped off by putting money in the till, as someone will insist they gave you a 50. or whatever, when they see a denomination in your drawer.
They really do walk among us.