Saturday, August 16, 2008

There Is No Place Like Home!

Thought you got rid of me, but we arrived back home tonight. Two weeks without once being near a computer! Holidays are nice, but there is no place like home! Just a quick post because it's 1:00 PEI time, and I can't wait to sleep in my own bed.

Tomorrow I will post some pictures. What a beautiful island PEI is, and the people are wonderful too. The pace is much slower on the island than in Edmonton, and LOBSTER...yummmm! That's one m for every lobster I ate, and wait until you see the cod I caught, yes, we ate it too, no catch and release for that baby.

My biggest observation, nobody has a fence in PEI. Not cottages, not farms, not one fence did I see in Charlottetown, not one. I found this a good indication of the openness of the people. I worried about dogs on the loose, and getting run over, but it was the skunks that were the aroma of the highways.

More tomorrow about lobster, meeting a Liberal MP, and island politics as I saw it. It's just nice to be home.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back, you were missed!

karmat

Alberta Girl said...

I look forward to your pictures and your thoughts on politics across the country in the far east.

And yes, my mouth is watering for each of those mmmmm's