Monday, December 07, 2009

Christmas Decorations and Magical Fossil Awards!

I was at a ladies dessert night (yumm chocolate!), and the combination of good company, Christmas songs, and the snow, finally got me into the Christmas mood. I was saving this for my Friday night funnies, but all that chocolate is giving me a buzz, so it's Monday night funnies, the short version.



Fantastic. Greg sends along this DIY FYI:

"Good news is that I truly out did myself this year with my Christmas decorations. The bad news is that I had to take him down after 2 days. I had more people come screaming up to my house than ever.Great stories. But two things made me take it down.

First, the cops advised me that it would cause traffic accidents as they almost wrecked when they drove by.

Second, a 55 year old lady grabbed the 75 pound ladder almost killed herself putting it against my house and didn't realize it was fake until she climbed to the top (she was not happy). By the way, she was one of many people who attempted to do that. My yard couldn't take it either. I have more than a few tire tracks where people literally drove up my yard."



Hey, I thought it was a real guy too!! That would be my husband if I didn't watch him.

Of course I can't stop there, here are some new dog favorites:






Okay that's enough fun for tonight.

I hear we got our first fossil award today, can we possibly take them ALL? Can we make speeches when we receive them? Like this maybe:

Canada is proud to receive this award showing that radical eco-nuts will target our cold country and our Parliament because they are too deranged to actually go after the real polluters like China and the US. The fossil award when rubbed grants us the power of one wish. Our wish is that eco-nuts canoe home, like our proud fathers and fore fathers did many years ago. If you do that, leaving the prostitutes, limos, and planes in Copenhagen, Canada promises to let you back in, but only if you go up north to live in igloos and measure the ice melting all year round. David Suzuki must forsake all earthly goods and forage up north for his living. He will be given a life time supply of those mercury filled squiggly bulbs, and some snow shoes, with miniature wind turbines for propelling him on the ice and snow.



Keep on giving us those magical fossil awards, because we have many more wishes for the global warming eco-nuts. All of those wishes involve being in the Arctic in January and February and keeping warm. Can't wait for February when all the finance ministers can join in the fun and see the damage global warming is causing first hand!

3 comments:

West Coast Teddi said...

what a wonderful Monday/Tuesday treat - FNF during the week. Keep up the good work and "we" will begin to expect more of the same all week.

We need more fossel awards so we can turn them into oil and gas to heat our homes. Boy it is cold out here ... zero degrees. I know - weather is not climate change but when the hockey stick breaks you can always sharpen the end and cook smoores.

MariaS said...

Hunter - I think we have some "email jokes circulation" friends in common. I receive the Christmas decor joke too, a couple of days ago and sent it on to my list.
What's that saying... something about "6 degrees of separation"?
If we dig enough, I think it would apply to many of us on the BT board.

West Coast Teddi said...

Hunter - your mailbox is full. Too many jokes??