Tuesday, June 19, 2007

C-21, It's All About Guns!

As a former rural, now urban dweller, I have no problem with people who want to own guns. To me it's like someone who wants another plasma TV, I don't have either, but if someone wants a perfectly legal product, go for it.

I watched some of the debate on CPAC tonight, it seemed to be an urban against rural split, two NDP MP's stood up it favour, from that I gather this will not be a whipped vote, so will the bill pass, will they abolish the useless long gun registry? If they vote on this before parliament dismisses, I think it just might pass.

First off, many MP's already appear to be absent, those who really care about this bill will stick around for the vote. I expect many Toronto MP's to be accidentally absent, because they know that the long gun registry is a huge waste (close to 2 Billion) of money.

Secondly, MP's of every strip are getting emails from rural voters telling them to vote to abolish a long gun registry that makes them into criminals for not registering their Grandpa's old rifle that they hang above the fireplace.

It's funny, Liberals jailed farmers for selling their own wheat to the US, now they want to take farmers guns away? I was at my Uncle's farm when a bear came crashing through the woods, thankfully my Uncle had a gun, one shot scared that bear off. Yet the opposition think a no-fly list for terrorists is a big no-no? So, farmers with guns bad, terrorists with bombs, okay.

Liberals keep on yapping about values, well when they support; stealing from taxpayers, swingers clubs, gay marriage, abortion, and taking guns away from citizens, I am positive that their values are not my values.

Ban criminals, not guns. Heck, let's ban Liberals.

No comments: