Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Dog Nappers!


This is going too far, I love dogs, my 15 year old greyhound ( on the left in the picture, the other dog is a guide dog in training, Pride, who is now with his blind person and doing great!) is a part of my family, my boys are younger than she is, so they have always been around her, so when she leaves us, it's going to be devastating for all of us.

I also worry about the animals who are getting abused by their owners, I know a lady that rescues dogs from bad owners, just like the pair in the story, but you never hear those people who's dogs were stolen complaining, so I think this family has maybe had a neighbour that doesn't like dogs, phoning in anonymous complaints.

"The person probably doesn't know we have a door, so the dog goes in and out all the time," she said.

"There is food always left on the sundeck and inside the kitchen too. And my mother and sister are always home."

The family had been visited four times by the B.C. Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals, after the group received an anonymous call about the puppy.

But the SPCA never found any suggestion the dog, named Tommy, had been harmed.

Neighbours also said they never saw any evidence to suggest the Toor family mistreated the animal.


Is the dog tied up all day, is it crying and barking, have the neighbours heard yelping? I know I would tromp on down to any neighbours house and confront them if I thought a pet was being abused, we should all be concerned about animal abuse. We have a dog next door that whines and barks constantly, it can be annoying, but it's not abuse. He's well loved, just not a great dog breed like my greyhound! I've had terriers, labs, and golden's, but the greyhound is the best by far, as long as you can spare a couch!

This case sounds like some lefties gone too far. If the SPCA came out 4 times and found nothing, no welts, no sores, no nothing, maybe there was nothing to it. Maybe anonymous should show themselves and tell the police what the abuse was, because I would, if I seriously thought a pet was being abused, you can bet, I wouldn't be anonymous, not ever!

No comments: