Sunday, June 24, 2007

Winds Of Change In Alberta, Believe It Or Not!

Rumours, that's all I have, but somethings up in Alberta. I hear a new party is in the works. A new Conservative party.

Why? Well, real Conservatives were upset that the Liberals and NDP hi-jacked our leadership race when Ralph retired. In a way you can't blame them, they will never vote for the Premier any other way, not here in Alberta.

Now, you would think that Conservatives would be happy with Stelmach, problem is, I don't feel he is strong enough to fight Ottawa. I like him, and if this supposed new party doesn't have a strong leader, it's dead in the water, like the Alberta Alliance party. I like the Alliance platform, but they have a very weak leader, no-one knows who he is, and that's a problem. Same problem this new party will have, if they don't have someone Albertans recognize. Why would I throw away my vote for a new party, if it means that the Liberals might take power, not going to happen here. I couldn't stand a Liberal party ruling in Alberta, ever.

So, if the rumours are true, this new party has to get a leader with name recognition, maybe a present MP, Jim Prentice comes to mind, but the new party must realize that a great party platform is only one step towards winning, it's a great, strong leader that they need above all else.

The winds of change are blowing in Alberta, just not towards the Liberals or NDP. I should run for leader of this new party, maybe a female is what's needed! HA, just kidding!

No comments: