Sunday, June 17, 2007

Happy Father's Day!

I'm lucky that I still have my Father to send best wishes to, and my boys have been catering to their Father all day, they are going to bbq for him tonight. I will be helping of course, but my oldest is a great cook, he just can't quite get the timing of things right yet.

For a really inspiring story of a Father, read this story. My name is Richard E. Hoyt Jr., and I have cerebral palsy. I cannot speak or walk. To write this story, I'm using a computer with special software. When I move my head slightly, the cursor moves across an alphabet. When it gets to the letter I want, I press a switch at the side of my head.

I am half of Team Hoyt. We are a father-and-son team, and we compete in marathons and triathlons around the world. Our goal is to educate people about how the disabled can lead normal lives.


Now that's what I call a dedicated Father!

So, to all you Father's out there, Happy Father's Day!

No comments: