Sunday, August 13, 2006

Protest Crazy! Doing Something Right!

If they are protesting against you, you must be doing something right! I was at first upset about all these protests that are going on, then, I thought about it for awhile, and came to a different conclusion. It appears to me, that people who are going out, and protesting, might get on the news, but they tend to tick the average Canadian off, more often than they help their cause.

Let’s start with the protesters for “national daycare”. Well I hate the idea of my kids having to be put in a daycare, I fear the costs associated with any “national” plan, and I prefer to make my own choices about my kids, thank you very much. So, those daycare nannies only made me, more sure that the Conservative plan was the way to go! Hey, and now that the cheques have started rolling, where are all those protesters?? The Liberals and NDP knew the Conservative plan was hugely popular, so, send out the protesters! Didn’t work!

Next, came the protesters against our troops in Afghanistan. Okay, I’m sorry, but protesting against our Canadian troops, who are risking their lives and dying in Afghanistan, because we sent them there, is just sick. You hear that you NDP limp wrists? Where are the NDP MP’s talking about the abuses against women that had been occurring under the Taliban………..nope, silence.

Then, came the gay games, or whatever they called them, oh sorry, that’s the out games. Well if I don’t care, why should the PM of Canada, I’m sure he had more pressing matters to worry about, like maybe Lebanon?

Then came the situation in Lebanon, I was cheering all the way for our government to get anyone who wanted or needed to get out, out. I wanted them back here safe, and they did get everyone back here safe, in record time. But, supposedly, it wasn’t quick enough, and OMG, not air conditioned!!! What did some of them do once they got back here, they promptly when out with hezbollah flags to protest against our government. Well seeing as it was taxpayers money that saved them, their protest ticked me off.

Now, it’s the aids conference. PM Harper is way up in the Arctic; good reason not to be at the conference, but well, not to some, their cause is the only important cause and PM Harper, should just drop all his commitments and get to this conference. Think about it you lefties, you boo the government or condemn PM Harper for not being there, are they really going to be in the mood to listen to you??? Hey, he’s missing meeting Bill Gates, and Bill Clinton!! As if our PM really cares about the celebrities, but you can bet Martin would have been there, publicity hounds need to feel important. I saw Layton was there, hound that he is.

So, putting all these protests into prospective, PM Stephen Harper, is obviously doing everything right, because the lefties are going protest crazy. Protest too much, too often, no one listens!

No comments: