Monday, August 14, 2006

So, According to Rae...

Here's his web site.

I am a Liberal because I believe the Liberal Party represents Canada at its best: diverse, innovative, fundamentally decent.

I am a candidate for the leadership of the Liberal Party because I believe those values are under very real threat from the most shortsighted and partisan federal government I have seen in my lifetime: the Harper Conservative government.

Together we can make a difference and build a future that benefits all Canadians. We need your help.

Find out more about me, about our movement, about our party.

This party needs you. This country needs you.


Okay, let's only look at the term "fundamentally decent", what does that mean?? Decent only when we want to be?? I would be decent except, I have a company to raid?? Fundamentally, I agree with (place idea here, like global warming), BUT........that's what fundamentally means. Fundamentally decent....means I will do what ever I feel like, as long as I don't get caught!!!

The Liberals were being fundamentally decent when they accepted those brown paper bags filled with money........fundamentally( basically), they were helping Canadians by making their party stronger.

Here's the dictionary description of fundamentally:

Adv. 1. fundamentally - at bottom or by one's (or its) very nature; "He is basically dishonest"; "the argument was essentially a technical one"; "for all his bluster he is in essence a shy person"
au fond, basically, essentially, in essence


So, the Liberal party is basically decent, or essentially decent, or in essence they are decent, HUMMMMM I like this best; " He is basically dishonest". Well if the shoe fits!! At bottom, if the Liberals ever get there, they are decent. Let's hope the bottom comes soon!

No comments: