Saturday, August 04, 2007

"GET 'ER DONE"

Okay, for the last two weeks, I've barely talked to my family, my plants are wilting, cucumbers need to be pickled before they get too big to fit in the jar, my boys are eating junk food, and most disturbing, they are starting to call their Dad, Mom. Things are just not right.

They know where to find me, I'm on my computer, scouring Statistics Canada for needed material, to finish that last chapter of my book. Two weeks of getting up at 8:00 in the morning and working mainly without stop until 1:00 or 2:00 o'clock in the morning for royalties of $3,000 a year? I'M I NUTS!!!!!!!!

One chapter to go, deadline August 7th, birthday August 8th. You bet I'm going to "GET 'ER DONE", and if my publisher even dares to call me on my birthday to ask for edits, well, I'm too polite to actually tell him where to put the book, but I will think it.

Okay, breaks over, back to the demon edits. Hope to be back to normal on August 8th!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok for one... we don't eat that much junk food and we don't call Dad, Mom. Ok well we do eat junk food but not that much to make us fat or anything and i am happy that you will be done tomorrow so i can ask for stuff. because i didn't want to when you were making your book because it would take you even longer then it has already... and i say thats worth more then just 2 grand a year for that, i mean staying up from 8 in the morning to 1 in the morning then i say thats way more then 2 grand a year maybe like 4 grand a year or something...

hunter said...

I agree wholeheartedly, but I suspect your motive for thinking I should get more money, might be because then you could get an XBOX360. Just thinking....

Anonymous said...

well i do wont an xbox360 but im planning on getting that at x-mas so i don't have to buy any games....*hint* *wink* *hint* *wink*...

Anonymous said...

well that many games..

Anonymous said...

Hunter, what's the book about? First we've heard of this. Give us a hint.

An American

Joanne (True Blue) said...

Good for you, Hunter. I'm very impressed.

hunter said...

My American friend, it's a dry, boring economics textbook, even I go to sleep writing it! It's the 4th Edition and is doing well in Canada, but it's a very small market as my royalty cheque reminds me.

Thanks Joanne, I sneak some conservative views into the book, makes me feel like I'm counteracting the liberal views the students will be facing at university.