Thursday, April 30, 2009

And Many Many MORE!!!

Happy Birthday Prime Minister Harper, 50 is a wonderful age, mature enough to handle anything, but still young enough to enjoy life and everything it has to offer!

Here are some of my favorite pictures of the Prime Minister.

This one was taken by Dr. Roy:


Remember back when the kids were still tiny and the media was ragging on about how Ben didn't hug his Dad in this one? It's still one of my favorites.



Then we have one that shows the laughter in PM Harper's eyes, so much for the petty media and their "cold blue eyes" garbage.



And finally my personal favorite, Rigger and PM Harper, who knew he loves dogs too!



I have thought about my meeting with PM Harper, and I am even more impressed with him now then I was before. He was very easy to talk to, I expected to be nervous but he put me as ease immediately. He looks directly at you and listens, then he asks pertinent questions. There is nothing elitist or arrogant about him. I actually felt a real connection to him, I can picture him happily sitting at home watching a hockey game or playing with his kids.

After I showed some people at work the picture of Rigger with the PM, one lady piped up and said she really liked him because he is a great father. That is what appeals to us ladies, a real down to earth family man who cares deeply about his family and his country.

So, Mr. Prime Minister, enjoy this special day with family and friends. The media is trying to make it political, but it's not. The leader of our great country deserves to celebrate his birthday however he wants to, and if the media is in a snit (again) because it doesn't include them, TOO BAD!

In 10 years, I want to see 60 pink flamingos on the lawn of 24 Sussex celebrating PM Harper's 60th birthday!

10 comments:

Gabby in QC said...

Hey, nice pictures of the PM, Hunter! And I echo the birthday wishes.

Unfortunately, PM Harper may not be celebrating his 60th at 24 Sussex ...
... only because the prime ministerial residence is scheduled to undergo extensive renovations.

Isn't the family supposed to be moving elsewhere? I don't recall the details.

liberal supporter said...

Happy Birthday, Stephen!

you know said...

How can you guys just sit back and let this happen?

liberal supporter said...

the prime ministerial residence is scheduled to undergo extensive renovations.
Maybe that's what the flamingos are for. Remember the old ads? The place does need insulation!

hunter said...

I always knew you had a good side LS. I still remember your comment about family being the most important factor in our lives.

Gabby, I hope they get Mike Holmes to do the renovation, then it might not take 10 years.

Gabby in QC said...

"I hope they get Mike Holmes ..."

But isn't he busy in New Orleans or elsewhere rebuilding homes destroyed by Katrina?
=====
Lib Supporter, my immediate reaction was like Hunter's on seeing your birthday wishes extended to Mr. Harper. Nice.

Forgive me, though. Old ads? Which old ads?

Ardvark said...

Happy Birthday PM Harper.

The flamingos were something that a regular guy might find on his lawn on his birthday, and somehow it fits with our PM as well.

I think LS might be thinking of the Pink Panther and insulation ads, but I might be mistaken.

Bec said...

liberal supporter, DOES HAVE a GREAT SIDE!!
I will always remember and with gratitude, some lovely and sincere, Christmas/New Years greetings.

I was also very surprised that the Flamingos were at 24 Sussex. I understood that the family moved out for the renos. The media, did report that they had moved into a condo. In fact, it was around the time that the year end interview with CTV was done. So perhaps it was Bob Fife?

Anyway super pictures Hunter and thank you so much.

Happy 50th Birthday, Prime Minister, Harper!

Anonymous said...

YK - let what happen? He'll turn 50, 51, 52...no matter what we do. So, exactly how can we stop time?

Anonymous said...

Aardvark - I remember those from before I cut the cable 12 years ago. I think that the lingo was "think pink" or something along those lines.