Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Beautiful Art Lost In The Australian Fires.

Take a break from politics.

I heard about this in an email months ago and it has remained with me. The art work is awe inspiring, the thought that most of this has been lost is so sad.



Thankfully the artist and his family got out of the fires safely. Interestingly enough, once the artist was allowed back onto the property, the remaining artwork was even more haunting then it had been before. Check out what it looks like after the fire.



I hope that they can rebuild it even better than it was before.

6 comments:

Bec said...

That is a mind boggling story, Hunter. Thank you very much.

We were in NZ about 2 years ago and prior to the trip, I had never any real desire to go to either country. Now I would return in a heartbeat.
The art work is brilliant and although the 'Kiwi's' don't like to be compared th the 'Aussies', (they think of themselves as 'Canada' and Aust. as the 'US')
the similarities in many ways are haunting.
Good JOB!

Bec said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Bec said...

I guess I had lots to say, huh? Feel free to delete the double post, Hunter.
It was perhaps an attempt subconsciencly, to 'out comment, the 25 useless ones you had on the previous post. Cheers!

Soccermom said...

I wonder if that's what your trolls look like, Hunter?? LOL

Gabby in QC said...

Don't let the naysayers get to you, Hunter.

I sometimes wonder if many of those devastating fires - be they in Oceania, Europe, or North America - weren't deliberately set either to advance the global warming alarmism, or even more nefarious purposes ...

What wonders Man can create - but also what havoc can he wreak.

hunter said...

Burnt trolls, that's funny Soccermom!

Don't worry Gabby, trolls are funny, doing your taxes is just plain depressing. But that's finally over and my pocket got picked again.