Sunday, May 17, 2009

A Dog Day Of Spring!

I swear if I ever met Gore or Suzuki in person, I would pop them one right on their nose. I am so sick of these fake environmentalists, my teeth are clenched as I type.

I have been nursing my little plants since February (28 trays), it is time for them to be outside but NO they are still indoors staying warm, because it is going to SNOW this week! Here they are waiting to be planted:



The weather didn't stop us from planting our garden, Rigger was not very happy that he was not allowed to help us! Poor boy.



I was really tired yesterday and didn't want to get the garden in, but hubby pushed me to get it done. Thank goodness he did because it rained today and even if it snows, it will just be extra moisture for the garden.




Notice the four rain barrels in the picture, and the two composters, take that Suzuki/Gore, I walk the walk and get no money for doing it. Where are your rain barrels/composters?? Oh, you are only interested in carbon credits in a company you own? Talk about giving real environmentalists a bad name, by his name alone, we can understand Gores nature. Okay the lawn needs work, but notice no dandelions. In a few weeks everything will be fixed, without chemicals!

I want to see Ellie May's garden. She's the leader of the Greens isn't she? So, how green are the Greens? Let's see your gardens, let's see you out there starting community gardens, and leading the way, without government money. HA! Thought so.

5 comments:

Southern Quebec said...

Looks like Rigger has been peeing on your "grass"! :)

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful dog. Hunter, I have the same problem with my front lawn. I don't know if it's snow mould or the skunks trying to find worms and grubs. I have a nice crop of creeping charlie and other greenery growing out there and, since McGuinty has made pesticides illegal, I have an excuse to let the weeks take over. One thing about those weeds - they stay green no matter what the weather. We had a neighbour back home whose lawn was entirely crab grass - he had the greenest lawn on the block.

Hey, they're all God's plants so who am I to say what is and isn't a weed? LOL.

Bec said...

I guess by the looks of your garden talents, that you know about Zeolite and 'dog spots? Works great!
I decided 10 years ago (our Cocker Spaniel) that I would train the dogs to a penned area. It works great and of course they can piddle away at the of leash park.

Back to the garden, YOU DESERVE a greenhouse! A nice expensive one. My lucky Mom has a beaut and they have had her stuff out there with a good heater since April 30th.

I also took the chance and planted my veggie garden. We had 24 yesterday and +1-3 today. It makes for a very frustrating time but I live (exaggerated) in front of the weather channel at this time of year.

Me, 3 composters, 2 hothouses, 1 water meter/timer.... and a stash of "contraband" haha!

sor said...

wow- where to start. I have never seen such an organized yard. You are one amazing person and my hat is definitely off to you.

We have finally hit double digits here in Kamloops, you know the desert of Canada. We are only 3 weeks late and when you talk to the seniors this is definitely cyclical.

My mom's best friend was born here 91 years ago and was a rancher all of her life. This is part of a 40 year pattern and has nothing to do with climate change.

As far as your lawn goes try raising the level of the blades on your mower. The longer the visible part of the grass is the greater the root will be. Makes for lovely green grass and just looks a little wild for a day before cutting. The dog will love it and it reduces the pee damage.

Cheers.

Fay said...

Wow , you are organized and would put Ellie May to shame. I bet she has never planted a garden. I am waiting until May 22. It is still very cold in Western Manitoba. The soil in my garden needs to warm up before I plant.