Tuesday, May 05, 2009

In The Wild West.....

they would have just pulled those teeth, without any pain killers. Pass me the whiskey!

I didn't blog yesterday because I was on an adventure! I flew from Edmonton to Vancouver to Kelowna, for $99 round trip,(not including taxes). Tuesday I spent all morning in the dentists chair getting 7 teeth temporarily capped and one filled. I spend the afternoon trying to talk and get the feeling back into my nose! My sister took me to lunch, HA!!! even with a straw I couldn't drink without drooling down my shirt. This is one adventure I do not want to repeat!! Now when I tell my boys to brush their teeth, they do it!

I must admit even my temporary teeth look great, now that the freezing is gone and I can actually lift my lips enough to see them without drooling. Did I mention that dentists aren't on my top ten list?

Anyways, BC weather is even worse than Alberta weather, in the 2 hours I was in Vancouver it went from cold, to cold and rainy, to five minutes of sun, and then back to rain. I flew Air Canada, and the flights both to and from Edmonton to Vancouver were less than half full, I had three seats all to myself both times! No wonder Air Canada is losing money, the ticket prices paid, would not have even come close to covering the fuel, and personnel needed for the flight. Three flight attendants to hand out one pack of peanut free treats and a drink, just seems to be a huge waste.

I get to repeat the process in two weeks to get my permanent caps, lucky me!

In the wild west, I would have been a toothless old hag with my well worn gums chew with, so maybe technology isn't so bad. Now I am off to check on the latest scandals to see if I missed anything juicy.

10 comments:

Bec said...

Re Air Canada, we booked in February for an August flight to Toronto. We had Aeroplan miles so thought we would use them up. It still cost us almost $1,000.00.
We have to go when we really don't want to and return at a less than enjoyable time. The assistance received was polar opposite, to that of Westjet.

I feel bad for AC as this financial dilemma appears to be debilitating but I can't help but think, they have spent this decade doing it entirely to themselves.

Good luck with your dental makeover. There is nothing worse than a sore mouth.

Gabby in QC said...

I don't mean to be nosy, but I don't understand ,,, why did you have to go so far for your dental work? Is there no dentist in Edmonton that could have done the work?

Did you tell your boys the old and tired saw: be true to your teeth or they will be false to you?

Anyway, good luck with the dental work.

Bec said...

Ya Gabby, I wondered the same thing so let's be nosy together. lol
My sister however, moved to BC and comes back to AB for everything. She refuses to give up her 'team'. I know for me, losing my Family Doctor, would be a non starter. Hubby, would go first.... LOL!

hunter said...

Okay, to my nosy friends.... my dentist is my brother-in-law! He's done my dental work since he was in university (I was his guinea pig for his practicum) and seeing as he graduated second in his class, only the best will do for me!

I get a family discount and get to visit my family at the same time, so it's a win/win solution.

maryT said...

My g/daughter recently graduated as a dental technican and her cousins have the cleanest teeth in town. She phoned them, for her practicum, and said, hey I am looking for a dirty mouth.

liberal supporter said...

Hope you are not related to anyone who needs guinea pigs for their practicum in proctology!

Bec said...

Hunter, you are SOOOO lucky and I am green with envy.

LS, that was hysterical! They get 'bum rap' those poor guys!

Anonymous said...

LS - that was hilarious. The same thought flitted across my mind but I didn't have the courage to post it. Having undergone (and still undergoing) ultrasound treatment for that old "man issue" (it's benign, thankfully), I can tell you - don't ever agree to help a proctologist learn. LOL.

Gabby in QC said...

Bec, thanks for supporting me in my nosiness ;-)

OK, Hunter, I feel better now, knowing that the city of Edmonton has its share of good dentists and that your trip was one of choice and not out of necessity.

Jen said...

hUNTER, I sent you an email titled "A Must see"