Friday, February 15, 2008

Alberta Won The Lottery!

I was told that by the Liberal brochure that was delivered to my doorstep by the mail person. I didn't get it from the Liberal candidate on my doorstep, as a matter of fact, the only candidate I have seen on my doorstep is the PC candidate, Fred Horne, he was door knocking when it was minus 20 below.

Alberta won the lottery?? No, Alberta promoted development of their natural resources, we took a 20% hit in jobs to reduce our debt to nothing. Liberals think it was luck, Conservatives understand that it took hard work to build our province.

So, why should we re-elect Liberal Miller? Well I googled him, because I have never seen him in person, and this is his one great accomplishment:

In May of 2005, Miller involved himself in the controversy surrounding the decision of then Conservative Belinda Stronach to cross the floor to the Liberals. After Tony Abbott, a fellow Member of the Legislative Assembly of Alberta, made remarks comparing Stronach to a prostitute, Miller spoke out on the floor of the Legislative Assembly, condemning Abbott's remarks. He also used the opportunity to speak passionately in favor of the increased participation of women in politics. After his speech, Abbott reportedly attempted to assault Miller in the corridor behind the Chamber. Due to a security guard's intervention, a major confrontation was prevented. This matter was resolved when Abbott apologized publicly for any perceived wrongs. Remember the source is wikipedia, I suspect Liberals are writing the profile. I hope a "major" confrontation means Abbott was in his face. (I won't say slugged the guy, but I'm thinking it)

He supported Stronach, great, what else? He mails me a brochure, this is the first time I have heard anything about him since the last election.

Here's the star line, "Albertans trusted their government to be a good manager, but that trust has been broken."

The PC government wiped out the debt. They kept their promises, even the tough ones, like a 20% reduction in the work force. Our economy is booming, Alberta is creating the federal surpluses, dare we let the Liberals get their hands on our money? I think not. Remember the NEP. I do.

"Change can be hard"..... Answer me this, why should we "change"? We are the most successful province in all of Canada, thanks to Newfoundlander's coming here to help, and a Conservative government that encourages business.

If I change my vote, it will be for the Wildrose Alliance, not the Liberals.

The Miller dog don't hunt, but I suspect the "progressives" will re-elect him.

No comments: