Thursday, February 28, 2008

Progressives Vote For Dinosaur.

I'm not sure where their heads are at, but their butts are firmly planted in the CBC's corner.

CBC should receive stable, multi-year funding: report

The heritage committee split along party lines over the future of the public broadcaster, with members of the minority Conservative government writing their own, dissenting report.

But MPs of all political stripes agreed that the CBC should be able to depend on longer term funding.

There's little love lost between the Conservatives and the public broadcaster, however, and no guarantee the government will act on that or dozens of other non-binding recommendations — especially if it wins a majority in the next election.


Little love lost? HA. Actually CTV can be worse. Maybe if the CBC produced something I wanted to watch, it would deserve funding, but why only CBC, why not Global and CTV? Driving through the mountains, the only station we can get is CBC, the radio component should stay (not that we listen, we just throw in a DVD), everything else can go.

Be progressive, keep a dinosaur alive, because, ummm, because, well, because they created, ummm, people are turning to CBC because..., CBC has proven to be a leader in..., okay, someone help me, we pay over 1 BILLION a year to fund the CBC because???

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually I agree that the CBC should receive stable multiple year funding.

I would recommend about $1.00 over the next 100 years.

hunter said...

Thanks, I needed a good chuckle! I will second your recommendation. If you agree, say "Yup".

Anonymous said...

I am sick of the "I know better than you attitude" of the CBC. It is time for the CBC to go!!!

caz said...

Joe..that was priceless..but I have to say I'm looking forward to an election. It's already getting ramped up and I can't wait. To change the subject for a minute re:Donna Cadman's revelations..is it just me or WHY would SHE come out with this NOW and what the hell is her motive given everyone involved including her deceased husband is denying any of this happened in the first place??? Stange in the extreme..