Monday, February 04, 2008

Shake Hands And Come Out Fighting!

I can really have fun this election because, I happen to be in a riding that has a Liberal MLA, don't even know his name, never received any literature from him, so care not a bit about him, just like he cared nothing about me.

All parties are going to have to make it clear what their position is on Human Rights Commissions. My vote is up for grabs on this issue alone. Now that health premiums have been taken off the table, let's make HRC's a major issue. Let's make sure we ask every candidate, and every party, what their position is on the Alberta HRC's.

The national media is yapping about change, thinking Conservatives might change into Liberals in Alberta. HAHAHAHA, not going to happen, even with all the newbies in Alberta. By change we mean from the PC to Wildrose Alliance, not become lefties. Does the Toronto media not get it? Who do we have to vote for? On the right, we have the PC's and Wildrose, on the left, we have Liberals, NDP and Greens.

Let's start with the left.

Liberals = NEP (National Energy Program, for those too young to know, killed our last boom, left people homeless.)

NDP = National Deficit Party (Want to see a boom go bust? Vote for those yahoos.)

Greens = Death to the oilsands. (The greens will have us freezing in the cold, if they have their way.)

On the right.

Progressive Conservatives = Long in the tooth, with a weak leader, but not a total disaster, I'm actually warming up to Stelmach, I just think he is in over his head.

Wildrose Alliance = A true grass roots Conservative party, but they need a better leader.

So, I will vote for either the PC's or the Wildrose. If my MLA was a PC, I would probably vote for them, but seeing as I have a Liberal MLA, it can't hurt for me to vote Wildrose, if they have a candidate in my riding.

Shake hands, and come out fighting, I love elections!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Living in BC but being a born and raised Albertan, I am very interested in the election. Will you be doing a regular blog on the happenings around the Province? Will be checking in on a regular basis to see what you think - might even comment!!

hunter said...

Oh, yes, I will be going to town hall meetings in my riding, just to ask questions about the HRC's, so will blog it for sure.

I have already been invited to meet, maybe volunteer for the PC candidate in my riding, my first question will be about HRC's, will see how he handles that question.

Go to CTV, a lot of the comments are supporting the Wildrose Alliance, so this could get interesting. Protest votes are going to go to Wildrose on the right and maybe the Greens on the left.

Please feel free to comment, it's always more interesting when people comment/debate an issue.

Anonymous said...

I like your blog and I agree with you regarding the Wildrose Party, however, you are off a bit on the conservative party. They are a lot closer to being liberal than conservative. I too am considering voting for Wildrose (if they run a candidate in my riding), however, for the first time in my life, I am considering not voting as id do not see much of a difference between the liberals and conservatives. By the way, I am in the premiers riding.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Norm, with Stelmach at the wheel the PC's have taken a sharp turn to the left. To prove this point some Liberal friends of mine actually like him. Anyways I'm in Ted Mortons riding so I'm not sure who I"m going to vote for, the PC's or the WRA. I really like Ted, but a vote for Ted is also a vote for Ed. Maybe I'll wait for their official answer on HRC's, that might make my decision a whole lot easier.

Anonymous said...

Will the HRC questions become the faith based school issue that occured in the Ontario election? Are Albertans more interested in infastructure that philosophy?

Anonymous said...

s/b Infrastructure - I need a spell checker for us "comment-tours"

hunter said...

Interesting comments, thanks! Yes the Conservatives are getting too Liberal, that's why Wildrose Alliance is looking interesting.

Will the HRC issue become like the faith based school issue? I don't think so, for the reason that people value freedom of speech, it's an issue that all parties should get behind.