Wednesday, February 06, 2008

First Out Of The Gate? A PC Candidate!

Okay, for you Alberta election watchers, I actually had the PC candidate for my riding, show up on my door step tonight! I talked to him for about 5 minutes, and he seems like a really down to earth guy.

He is running against the Liberal MLA and it wasn't even a close race last time.

40 Edmonton-Rutherford

Anita Ashmore SC 210 1.60%
R. J. (Bob) Ewart AA 516 3.90%
Ian McClelland PC 4,173 31.80%
Rick Miller LIB 7,221 55.10%
George A. Slade NDP 995 7.60%

The only candidate I knew was the NDP candidate, he ran the community center. Putting it very mildly, I can't believe the guy got that many votes!

Fred Horne is the new PC candidate in Edmonton-Rutherford. He's obviously already working hard, so I give him top marks for being out on a cold evening at 7:30 to meet us regular folks. I will put a sign on my lawn in support, but I made it known that the PC's are getting too Liberal, and if a Wildrose candidate also runs, I will put up a sign for him too. That should confuse the neighbours!

Here are the candidates so far:

Edmonton-Rutherford
LIB Rick Miller

NDP Mike Butler

PC Fred Horne

WRA
GRN

No Wildrose Alliance candidate indicated, so it might make my vote a lot easier.

Let's wait and see who else shows up at my door, because that makes a huge difference.

I will dig down into ALL the riding numbers this weekend, when I have some time to look at the last election statistics, I do love numbers.

PC's 1, everyone else 0.

5 comments:

Ardvark said...

I am still waiting for my MLA, Weslyn Mather, to respond to an email I had sent her a few weeks back regarding the AHRC.

So since she couldn't be bothered to even reply, I look forward to asking her my questions in person sometime during the campaign.

Carl Benito, the PC candidate in Millwoods has had a sign up near here for over 2 weeks already. No party tag on the sign, but its colours give it away.

hunter said...

I'm actually ashamed that Edmonton is so red, and for no good reason, I have not even received a newsletter from my Liberal MLA.

Good idea about sending an email to Liberal MLA's about AHRC's, I'm going to send one right now! Will post any response.

hunter said...

This is the message I get from my MLA:

This site will be offline during the Provincial Election, as per election regulations. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Okay, I understand the regulations, but doesn't he have his own web page? A non-MLA page?

Anonymous said...

This just gives you the chance to ask him in person about his thoughts on the subject, but prepare to watch 'em squirm when asked.

I sent my email to Ms. Mather on Jan 20th well before the writ was dropped so she can't use that as an excuse. I also asked the question as to not reveal my opinions, but merely asked for hers as my MLA on the subject.

hunter said...

Keep after all candidates ardvark, we can make this a major issue.