Saturday, March 28, 2009

The Dark Hour!

Well another earth hour has come and gone, all was typical on my street, except for the one NDP family sitting in the dark. Funny how they have three vehicles and a bob cat for snow removal, but think one dark hour forgives all excesses.

We are supposed to feel guilty for living a comfortable modern life. As a collector of antiques, I enjoy the old way, but do not want to return to it any time soon. From what we are hearing, our days are numbered because we are not respecting Mother Earth. Here is an example:

Toward the end of the period for these upheavals to take place, the earth will shift its poles causing the Polar caps of the Arctic and Antarctica to begin melting. When this occurs there will be major rising of the ocean levels that some estimate to be several hundred feet. A large part of coastal land masses world wide will be flooded and there will be an exodus of people to higher ground. The melting won't occur overnight, however, your beachside condo will become worthless overnight. Some of those areas that enjoy the bliss of tropical weather will find themselves living in the new Arctic polar regions, and those living in colder regions will need to buy beach chairs and sun tan oil.


One of the signs of the entry into this period, is the movement in land masses in the Pacific Ocean area, simultaneously with similar activity in the Mediterranean Sea and Mt. Etna in Sicily. This will mark the beginning of the earth changes on a grand scale.

California and the Baja Peninsula will disappear during a series of intense earthquakes. San Francisco, Los Angeles and Santa Barbara will be only a few of notable cities that will not exist afterwards. The Pacific Ocean will cover the western part of the US up to Arizona and Nebraska. Both will have ocean harbors towns.


Typical environmental chatter, right? HA! It sure sounds like it to me, but it's even more scary when you consider the source of those predictions, and it might sound like Al Gore, but it's not. This guy isn't even an environmentalist, but I think environmentalists have been reading up on him. No, he is not Nostradamus, but they are like minded, and they do not contradict each other.

The dark hour, is a good precursor to what will come. Do not assume that the eco-nuts will be happy with just one hour for long, they will demand more, and more, and more, as the unsatisfied can never be fulfilled. The dissatisfied always need a cause to rally around because they have no ability to create anything or to help themselves. They do not want to help themselves, they want the government to rescue them from themselves.

So, who was the person talking about ocean levels rising as much as 100 feet? Watch this:



Edgar Cayce, "The Sleeping Prophet", is no less an expert then Al Gore, he just has a much more successful prediction rate, his is over 95%, Al Gore's, not so much.
Now, I am not saying I believe this guy anymore than I believe Suzuki, but if we are to believe what Suzuki says, why not this guy? He was 99% accurate in his predictions, he has a whole library of his readings, and he predicted what is happening today way back in the 1940's, not today like Gore.

If we are to believe the greenies about global warming without any evidence that it is happening, why not this guy?

The dark hour is nothing more than an opportunity for the eco-nuts to feel like they have some power.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Growing up, my parents watched their energy consumption because both were from immigrant parents and learned early in life to not waste anything - my mother, especially. In my adult life on my own, I continued the practice of not wasting energy because I don't like waste and I don't like paying for anything that I don't need.

For me, Earth Hour is a non-event: I live like this every day. I only use my gas dryer in the middle of winter for heavy things which won't dry outside or on rainy days when I absolutely need an article of clothing. Otherwise, my clothes go outside all year long. Even when I lived in an apartment, I'd use one of those racks and dry my stuff inside.

I don't use my stove when running the a/c - why add heat to a home that I'm trying to cool? In the hot months, I cook my week's worth of food on Saturday or Sunday morning - OUTSIDE. I only run the dishwasher when it's full and I only run the washer when I have a full load. I have LCD nightlights in my bathrooms so that I don't have to turn on the light if I'm just going to the bathroom. Almost every bulb in my home is a CFL. I keep my home cool in the winter and wear a sweatshirt and heavy socks to keep warm instead of running the furnace.

What does Earth Hour really accomplish other than provide people with something to talk about. How about being economical all year long? Give up bottled water - think of the resources that went into that bottle of water. Give up disposable diapers. Stop watching TV and go for a hike outside. When running errands, plan a circular route to avoid backtracking. There are dozens of things we can do to save the planet's resources and our own money without having this little Earth Hour.

I'll bet that most of the participants turn on all the lights, run the dishwasher, fire up the stove...etc. the moment the hour is done.

maryT said...

Not too many homes with no lights in my town last night.
My computer is having a seniors moment, and can't get into appropriate comment section anywhere, so here I go.
Watched PMSH on Fox News Sunday, and Chris Mathews mentioned, In 2007 you started to warn of the comming downturn. As the cdn media ever accepted that, or liberals.
Also noticed that re iggys cats name, mimi, are his initials.
Did iggy name this cat, to show us that everytime he says something it is all about me.
And did you know that Canada and India are co-chairing the talks on the financial problems of the world and how to deal with them. Wonder if Craig will mention that today on QP when he intervies the PM. He again mentioned that Afghan did not come up when he met with the President.

liberal supporter said...

I thought you lived in Edmonton

JR said...

"Do not assume that the eco-nuts will be happy with just one hour for long, they will demand more, and more, and more, as the unsatisfied can never be fulfilled."

You're right, Hunter. They will not begin to be happy till there's a compulsory Earth Month (or more).

maryT said...

First, Edmonton is a large city, and downtown is just one area.
Second, more stories at NNW re cracks in the conservative party. Guess they want to try and scare us but it wont work. As for the homeless cons, aren't cons criminals. Maybe if they got a job they wouldn't be homeless. Gerry N has a vendetta against PMSH for some imagined wrong in the way he was treated at the NCC. I would bet there are more cracks in the liberal grassroots than ours. And Aardvark has the story on LeBlancs leadership campaign. Seemed he filed his nomination papers March 25th 2009 and withdrew the next day. Did he raise any money back in December or earlier, did he put up the 90,000.00, and how about Rae. Did iggy put up his money.
How did those liberal helping parties go over.