Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Teaparties To The South of Us, Mergers in the North!

So, the US has it's tea party people, wanting to get back to the constitution and feeling proud of being an American.



We, have the merger people, wanting to get back to power no matter what it costs, with no concern about Canada. Can the Liberals not see what the Canadian people are seeing right now? Disorder, disruption, and disaster for the Liberal party. If my boys were fighting over the Xbox, neither would get to play it.

Will the Liberals merge with the NDP? Or, will we get an after election coalition that excludes the winning party, like they tried last time? I remember when we killed the PC party. I was upset because I could never vote Liberal after the NEP, and the NDP were just too radical for me. I thought I would have no party to vote for, and then I heard about the Reform party, and I found a new home. When the parties merged, I was happy to see the right unite.

Will the same thing happen with a Liberal/NDP alignment? Can my Liberal parents feel comfortable with a new, Trudeauless party? Will a far left NDP'er feel at home with the Liberals? Lefties are arguing that a merger of Liberals/NDP would be just like the Conservative merger. Wrong. Reform and PC's had the base grounding of conservatism to rely on. We were the same party, with the same philosophy, that's why it worked.

This appears to be a get rid of Iggy ploy. Liberals will continue to blame everyone except themselves. If Iggy is being pushed out, I have a suggestion for him. Cross the floor with enough Liberal MP's to secure a majority for the Conservatives. That will give everyone a 4 year cool down, and destroy any coalition/merger option in the works. It would be the only way that Iggy could get some payback for all the backstabbing that has been going on in his own party. It would stop Rae and Powercorp, and it would force the Liberals to actually look at what they have become. Sleazy comes to mind.

2 comments:

The_Iceman said...

From age 12 - 18 I was an outspoken supporter of the Mike Harris PC Party. That was my primary alliegance. The first election I was eligible to vote in 2000, I voted for the Alliance, not the PCs.

I was a PC, but I wanted a Conservative government. I may very well have agreed slightly more with the PC party policy by policy, but they had no chance of winning and I was strongly opposed to Chretien.

It made no sense to me why Joe Clark and Scotty Bryson were so loud in their opposition to the reunification of the right. I would rather shift a step to the right than live under a regime several steps to my left.

The Liberals can't kill this talk, their best chance is to spin it.

West Coast Teddi said...

And there is talk about Fox Canada Right ... bring it on :) heads exploding on the Lipper Left