Tuesday, November 18, 2008

CBC, Their Hands In Our Pockets!

Joanne over at Blue Like you, and Raphael over at Unambiguously Ambidextrous have both posted about the big spending CBC VP of French services (Poll on left side). Remember, this is one VP, what are the others up to?

Now in the paper version they have a nice little chart that illustrates the true picture:

Lunch and dinner $5,885.29 with their buddies, not even potential advertisers? My company makes us pay for Christmas parties, or we do a pot luck. $5,885.29 is a lot of perogies and kulbasa.

$92 for PRETZELS, $120 for OLIVES???? These guys are eating our tax money, and loving it!

Is it just us Conservatives who think this is excessive? Well these poll results seem to tell the truth.
So, 42% think the CBC costs taxpayers too much and 30% want the CBC sold off. That would make 72% of Canadian taxpayers unhappy with the CBC. Might they get a clue, or will they continue to tick off Canadians who want some responsible reporting?

CBC needs to realize this is a new day. Blogs, the internet, and satellite, are now everyday things to Canadians. The days of CBC being the only station we could watch are over. The day of government sponsored stations is over.

The CBC needs to sink or swim. How can CTV survive without government funding while the CBC execs party on? How is this fair to CTV or any other station that wants to compete in this market?

Free the market! Give us FOX Canada!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Hunter - you just made me very hungry for good old Ukrainian food - I grew up in Manitoba, after all.

I don't think the Libs will consider this to be an issue - I mean, Radwanski and Dingwall both rang up huge tabs without blinking an eye. After all, they're entitled to their entitlements.

You know, I have a very generous sick leave policy and a really wonderful boss and I could very easily call in sick for days at a time without being asked for certification. I could use my sick leave in place of holidays if I were of such a low character. But, I don't do this, even though I'm entitled, because I have ethics and a degree of honesty. But, then again, I'm a Conservative and therefore have morals.

Oh boy, I can just imagine the reactions from the likes of your stalkers. LOL. Bring it on, kids.

Southern Quebec said...

Hey, he spent less on taxi and limos in a year than old Bev Oda spent in a day. She managed to drop $5500 of TAXPAYERS MONEY in two days in Halifax at the Juneau Awards.

EofE: Truly ethical and honest people don't go around bragging about their ethics/honesty. That's what politicians do just before they are indicted. :)

maryT said...

The cbc loves to have opposition members on telling us that the majority of cdns voted against PMSH so he should do as they say.
Will the cbc follow those rules as the majority of polls are against the cbc. CTV is making cuts and laying off staff. Time to cut the budget of the cbc and put those talking heads out to pasture.

Joanne (True Blue) said...

The CBC is so out of touch with reality, that it's breathtaking.

BTW, Hunter, I just added your blog to my favs column. I have no idea why I didn't do that sooner. An oversight, I guess. Yours is definitely one of my favourites. You put so much work into it, and you always seem to have a fresh angle.

hunter said...

Well, Thank you Joanne! I am honoured!

I read your blog daily. The most interesting blogs are those that include some personal feelings/opinions, not just commentary and a link. I think that's why people come back to a blog like yours.

If I had a favorites list, you would be on it! I would even include Raphael, as long as he behaves himself! HA! (Just kidding Raphael, you make us take those blinkers off sometimes, and that's a good thing!)