Monday, November 10, 2008

Update: A Special Place: Vimy Ridge

I love this speech by PM Harper on the 90th anniversary of Vimy Ridge.



I grew up near an army base, I saw the dedication of our troops. I have seen the devastation of the Trudeau years; tanks rusting on parade fields with grass growing all around and between the cracks in the pavement.

I have seen a transformation take place since Harper has been Prime Minister, I have seen pride in our military return. I have seen the yellow ribbons on more cars, the tributes to our fallen by the people of Ontario lining the Highway of Heroes, and the renewed optimism of a country that knows it is helping the poorest of the poor succeed.

I wear red every Friday, and those in the military understand that I am supporting them. It's a small thing to do, but it means so much to our troops. Our veterans need to know that we understand their sacrifice, and that we honour them for keeping our country safe. They need to know that when they are gone, we will still remember.....on the 11th month of the 11th day at the 11th hour....we will remember.

Update: It has come to my attention through other blogger's, here, here and here, that the Canadian Human Rights Commission is going to place a wreath at the Memorial tomorrow, I find that totally disrespectful to our veterans. If every person who reads those blogs contacted their MP's, this issue would enter the next stage, protest. Let freedom ring! Email your MP about the Human Rights Commissions, and email their provincial counterparts while you are at it.

No comments: